Wildewood Downs Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a small nursing home located in Columbia, South Carolina. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the nation. In our view, this facility would be a no brainer for most people. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Wildewood Downs Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1215 Wildewood Downs Circle,
Columbia SC 29223
49.68% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a top notch facility overall, it also performed well in inspections, where it received an A. Few facilities performed better in this area. Our inspection scores are based on several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Nursing ratings are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided 5.7 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This was one of the more impressive figures we found. Furthermore, we found that a significant portion of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. On top of offering impressive levels of nursing care, this place also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. By way of illustration, it performed as well as any nursing home in South Carolina when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We view these datapoints as good indicators of the caliber of nursing care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Wildewood Downs Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a dominant short-term care score. Indeed, this ended up being its third most impressive category grade. In that area, this facility received a grade of A. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. This facility excelled at the highest level in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered about 50% more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the average nursing home. This is an excellent sign. The last item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it fared as well as just about any nursing home in South Carolina in this area with 60.9 percent of its patients returning home. For most nursing homes, fewer than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care. In this area, we awarded this facility an acceptable grade of B-. This proved to be this nursing home's least impressive category. Our long-term care grade is generally used to judge a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a rehabilitation facility. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find this place's vaccination data. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wildewood Downs Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wildewood Downs Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.44 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wildewood Downs Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Columbia, SC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Columbia, South Carolina has 4 other nursing homes
- Providence HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away120 Gateway Corporate Blvd Columbia South Carolina 29203Proprietary(803) 256-5300
- Prisma Health Richland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.57 miles away5 Medical Park Columbia South Carolina 29203Voluntary non-profit - Private(803) 296-2548
- Prisma Health BaptistAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away1330 Taylor at Marion St Columbia South Carolina 29220Voluntary non-profit - Private(803) 296-5678
- Lexington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.37 miles away2720 Sunset Blvd West Columbia South Carolina 29169Government - Hospital District or Authority(803) 791-2000
- Fresenius Medical Care Cna Kidney Centers, LLC4.04 miles away140 Highland Center Drive Columbia South Carolina 29203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (803) 736-0473
- Dentsville Kidney Center4.77 miles away201 Columbia Mall Blvd Suite 141 Columbia South Carolina 29223Dialysis Stations: 10 (803) 865-1068
- Fmc Meadowlake Dialysis6.4 miles away7631 Wilson Blvd Columbia South Carolina 29203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (803) 754-7377
- Fresenius Medical Care South Columbia9.11 miles away2139 Adams Grove Road Columbia South Carolina 29203Dialysis Stations: 21 (803) 779-4073
- Fresenius Medical Care Columbia9.11 miles away2125 Adams Grove Rd Columbia South Carolina 29203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (803) 779-7511
- Central Columbia Kidney Center9.52 miles away3511 Medical Drive Columbia South Carolina 29203Dialysis Stations: 25 (803) 771-0518
- North Main Kidney Center9.55 miles away3900 North Main Street Suite A Columbia South Carolina 29203Dialysis Stations: 21 (803) 779-1201
- Columbia Northeast Kidney Center9.69 miles away7499 Parkland Road Suite 136 Columbia South Carolina 29203Dialysis Stations: 20 (803) 865-0554