Westpark a Waters Community is in Indianapolis, Indiana. This city is one of the most populated cities in the country with has a population of 910,148 people. With a terrible overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 46 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next section.
Westpark a Waters Community
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, we gave this facility some really poor grades. Among them were its F for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Based on its abysmal score in this category, we weren't shocked to discover that this nursing home provides far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
We wanted to point out that this nursing home earned an F for its inspection score. An F in this category is especiallY troublesome because it usually points to red flags on the nursing home's inspection reports. When a facility has this poor of an inspection grade, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This particular facility was hit with 11 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they created a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, we also need to point out that this place received large government fines recently of over $100,000. This usually means that a facility'sbad performance spanned several years.
Does this page answer your questions about Westpark a Waters Community?
Among this nursing home's several poor grades was its F in the area of nursing care. Our nursing rating is largely based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This place fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was long-term care. This nursing home received a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that area. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means the facility didn't perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated 55.44554 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be significantly less than what we expected. To our surprise, this facility actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westpark a Waters Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westpark a Waters Community, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westpark a Waters Community, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westpark a Waters Community, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westpark a Waters Community, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westpark a Waters Community, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westpark a Waters Community, 12.89% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westpark a Waters Community, 91.48% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westpark a Waters Community, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westpark a Waters Community, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westpark a Waters Community, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westpark a Waters Community, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westpark a Waters Community, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 45 other nursing homes
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 2.27 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 7.39 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.49 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 7.52 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 8.83 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.03 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Davita Speedway Dialysis0.9 miles away2636 W. Michigan St. Indianapolis Indiana 46222Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 423-0956
- Dci - Indianapolis1.27 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis1.96 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303
- Davita University Dialysis of Indy2.18 miles away550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 31 (317) 635-8729
- Davita - Westview Dialysis2.47 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Fmc - Circle City2.77 miles away1420 N. Senate Ave., Suite B Indianapolis Indiana 46202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 632-1273
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West2.86 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita Metro Point Dialysis2.94 miles away1218 North Pennsylvania Street Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 686-0548