Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home located in Clearwater, Florida. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility. This facility was given one of the best grades we offer. A score in this range requires excellent scores across the board. This facility turned out to be one of the better nursing homes in Clearwater, which boasts a decent selection of facilities. If you look below, you can see this place's category scores, which are also quite good.
Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this facility earned near flawless inspections recently. We gave them an A+ in this area. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically have very few severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Among its many elite grades, this nursing home received first-rate short-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in that category. In computing our short-term care grades, we assess a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is considered to be a fair measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also received favorable long-term care scores this year. Indeed, we gave them one of our better scores in that category, with a grade of B+. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 98.71795 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to minimize negative health outcomes for the elderly population. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Moving on to our last area, this nursing home received a high-end nursing score. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ in that area, completing one of our better report cards. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents that sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents that were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation, 94.61% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Clearwater, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Clearwater, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.08 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 12.62 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.78 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Rai-Us 19 North-Clearwater1.99 miles away29296 Us Hwy 19 N #1 Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (727) 785-9036
- Bma - Clearwater2.64 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin3.27 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center3.64 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Tarpon Springs Dialysis, LLC7.7 miles away41747 Us Highway 19 North Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 934-8774
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies8.59 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center8.59 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC8.62 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490