West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv is a large nursing home located in West Bloomfield, Michigan. With an overall score of B+, this looks like a high quality nursing home. You could definitely do much worse than this facility. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this nursing home excelled in our short-term care category, where it earned an A. Our short-term care grade is generally used to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
This facility really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing ratings are largely tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv?
This facility earned a grade of B for its inspections score. This is an above average score in this area. Inspection grades account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area generally have few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to resident health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this nursing home was given a respectable long-term care grade. While this wasn't quite as dominant as several of its other scores, this is truly not the end of the world. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.709305 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv, 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv, 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents which experienced a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv, 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv, 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv, 3.47% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv, 91.4% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv, 12.4% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv, 19.67% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv, 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv, 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv, 10.71 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In West Bloomfield Nursing & Conv, 76.5% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for West Bloomfield, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? West Bloomfield, Michigan has 5 other nursing homes
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.59 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 8.04 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.1 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 10.54 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.29 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.8 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Davita West Bloomfield Dialysis2.94 miles away6010 W Maple Rd Ste 215 West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Dialysis Stations: 10 (248) 539-1025
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis3.79 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita4.83 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC5.36 miles away26400 W 12 Mile Rd Ste 112 Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 228-8777
- Davita - North Oakland Dialysis6.78 miles away450 N Telegraph Rd Ste 600 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (248) 333-2230
- Davita - Orchard Square Dialysis6.99 miles away1900 S Telegraph Rd Ste 200 Bloomfield Hills Michigan 48302Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 451-0954
- Fmc - Botsford Park7.11 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Novi Dialysis Center of Davita7.45 miles away27150 Providence Pkwy Ste A Novi Michigan 48374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (248) 449-6947