Wesley Woods at New Albany is a very-small non-profit nursing home located in New Albany, Ohio. Sporting an overall grade of B, this nursing home is a very good option. Based on our assessment, this place looks like a good fit for most people. The best aspect of this facility's impressive report card was its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Wesley Woods at New Albany
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
4588 Wesley Woods Blvd,
New Albany OH 43054
142.5% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Unfortunately, it does not look like we have deficiency counts for this nursing home. We would like to have more data for this facility. Without having access to the information regarding deficiencies, it is difficult to really grade this facility in the inspections category.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of B+. It performed more favorably than most nursing homes in this category. In computing these short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Wesley Woods at New Albany?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. This facility didn't perform quite as well in this category as it did in some other categories. Nevertheless, this is still a respectable score. In computing our nursing scores, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, although this nursing home got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in some of our quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this metric.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our final category, this nursing home didn't perform very well. With a very poor grade of F in that category, this is notably this nursing home's worst category. Nursing homes that do not fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. One of the statistics we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. We were a bit concerned this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to just 54.545456 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wesley Woods at New Albany Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that experienced a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term patients which experienced UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents who were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 20.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 12 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 10.86 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 12.1 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 13.74 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Diley Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.94 miles away7911 Diley Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 838-7910
- Fresenius Medical Care New Albany LLC2.25 miles away991 E. Johnstown Rd. Columbus Ohio 43230Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 855-3677
- Total Renal Care, Inc.2.57 miles away6530 W. Campus Oval, Suite 100 New Albany Ohio 43054Dialysis Stations: 8 (614) 855-3445
- Fmc- Westerville Dialysis5.42 miles away477 Cooper Road Suite 140 Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 895-2705
- Davita Minerva Park Dialysis5.49 miles away4401 Cleveland Avenue Columbus Ohio 43224Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 478-9604
- Davita - Parkside Dialysis5.69 miles away241 W. Schrock Road Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 18 (614) 882-1734
- Davita - Columbus East Dialysis6.13 miles away299 Outerbelt Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 501-7224
- Kidney Center of Columbus North6.48 miles away5700 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229Dialysis Stations: 7 (614) 846-9722
- Fmc - Mt. Carmel East6.63 miles away85 Mcnaughten Rd., Suite 140 Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 322-0433