Wesley Woods at New Albany is a very-small non-profit nursing home located in New Albany, Ohio. Sporting an overall grade of B+, this nursing home should work for most people. Based on our analysis, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of most people. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Wesley Woods at New Albany
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this category tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. We weren't able to track down information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Without having deficiency related data for this nursing home, it ended up being difficult to really evaluate it in the area of inspections.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a grade of A- for our short-term care score. Our short-term care ratings are likely most important for patients requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Wesley Woods at New Albany?
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our nursing grade looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed is nursing, turned out to be this facility's worst category. We gave this facility a D in this area. This was one of the few dings on a quality profile. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is often a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the place is not as well-staffed. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. As it turns out, this facility vaccinated a relatively low 54.545456 percent of its residents, which is several points lower than we expected. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wesley Woods at New Albany Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who have sustained a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint can be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 20% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing signs of depression. Higher rates of depression could imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 90.19% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wesley Woods at New Albany, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 10.86 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 12.1 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 13.74 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Diley Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.94 miles away7911 Diley Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 838-7910
- Fresenius Medical Care New Albany LLC2.25 miles away991 E. Johnstown Rd. Columbus Ohio 43230Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 855-3677
- Total Renal Care, Inc.2.57 miles away6530 W. Campus Oval, Suite 100 New Albany Ohio 43054Dialysis Stations: 8 (614) 855-3445
- Fmc- Westerville Dialysis5.42 miles away477 Cooper Road Suite 140 Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 895-2705
- Davita Minerva Park Dialysis5.49 miles away4401 Cleveland Avenue Columbus Ohio 43224Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 478-9604
- Davita - Parkside Dialysis5.69 miles away241 W. Schrock Road Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 18 (614) 882-1734
- Davita - Columbus East Dialysis6.13 miles away299 Outerbelt Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 501-7224
- Kidney Center of Columbus North6.48 miles away5700 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229Dialysis Stations: 7 (614) 846-9722
- Fmc - Mt. Carmel East6.63 miles away85 Mcnaughten Rd., Suite 140 Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 322-0433