Wellbrooke of Westfield is a small nursing home located in Westfield, Indiana. This nursing home received an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable rating. You can definitely do much worse than this facility. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card was its nursing score. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Wellbrooke of Westfield
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Westfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Westfield, Indiana Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. Nursing actually ended up being its best category. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A. Our nursing category is based on a handful of datapoints, many of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
This facility also excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that area. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple relatively minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Wellbrooke of Westfield?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this nursing home also earned a grade of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is long-term care, which is this facility's least impressive area. We gave this facility a grade of D in this area. However, we wouldn't assess this nursing home based only on one bad category, since it was awarded many impressive scores in other categories. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is often a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the nursing home is not as well-staffed. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 92.76316 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wellbrooke of Westfield Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wellbrooke of Westfield, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wellbrooke of Westfield, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wellbrooke of Westfield, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wellbrooke of Westfield, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wellbrooke of Westfield, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are typically used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wellbrooke of Westfield, 14.48% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wellbrooke of Westfield, 91.03% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wellbrooke of Westfield, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Wellbrooke of Westfield, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Wellbrooke of Westfield, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Wellbrooke of Westfield, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wellbrooke of Westfield, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wellbrooke of Westfield, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- St Vincent Carmel Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away13500 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 582-7000
- Riverview HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away395 Westfield Rd Noblesville Indiana 46060Government - Local(317) 773-0760
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 10.48 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 12.02 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.64 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Indiana University Health Tipton Hospital IncCritical Access Hospitals 15.85 miles away1000 S Main St Tipton Indiana 46072Voluntary non-profit - Other(765) 675-8500
- Dialyze Direct in, LLC5.5 miles away13295 Illinois St. Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 1 (463) 219-0231
- Fmc - Carmel6.1 miles away12400 North Meridian St., Ste 200 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8312
- Fmc - Noblesville Dialysis6.18 miles away165 Sheridan Road Noblesville Indiana 46060Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 770-8900
- Davita - Carmel Dialysis6.68 miles away180 East Carmel Drive Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8916
- Davita - Carmel Health and Living6.88 miles away118 Medical Drive, Suite 114 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 844-9045
- Davita Home Dialysis of Indianapolis9.77 miles away8803 N. Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260Dialysis Stations: 5 (317) 574-1798
- Fmc - Indianapolis-North10.3 miles away1225 W 86th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (317) 228-0169
- Nxkc Indianapolis Northwest, LLC10.53 miles away9101 N. Wesleyan Rd, Suite 115 Indianapolis Indiana 46268Dialysis Stations: 3 (317) 829-9770