Waverly Heights is in Gladwyne, Pennsylvania, a city with 3,780 people. This facility is ranked among the most elite nursing homes we found. In fact, it was given the very best grade. Based on our assessment, this place would be a wonderful choice for most people. If you scroll down, you can see this facility's category scores, which look to be equally strong as its overall score.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Gladwyne senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively insignificant. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this nursing home an A+. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving patients even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Waverly Heights?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our next category, this high end facility also performed remarkably in the area of long-term care. In this area, we awarded it a grade of A+. Only a small group of facilities fared better in this category. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 98.9011 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final area, this nursing home was awarded a strong short-term care rating. We awarded it an A in this category, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. In determining our short-term care scores, we size up a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is generally a reliable measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Waverly Heights Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Waverly Heights, 2.99% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Waverly Heights, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Waverly Heights, 1.12% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who sustained urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Waverly Heights, 7.69% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Waverly Heights, 7.41% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Waverly Heights, 0% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Waverly Heights, 98.41% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Waverly Heights, 9.86% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Waverly Heights, 12.13% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Waverly Heights, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Waverly Heights, 12.13% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Waverly Heights, 10.72% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Waverly Heights, 76.32% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.37 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.66 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.77 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Roxborough Dialysis2.22 miles away5003 Umbria Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Dialysis Stations: 16 (267) 331-6384
- Renal Care Group East, Inc.3.15 miles away780 W Lancaster Avenue, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 525-1793
- Freedom Dialysis LLC3.53 miles away940 E. Haverford Road, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 2 (610) 520-7277
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mt. Airy4.19 miles away10 East Moreland Avenue, Suite 300 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (215) 381-0310
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Northwest Philadelphia4.32 miles away4190 City Avenue, Suite 124 Rowland Hall Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 871-7774
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wynnewood4.33 miles awayLankenau Hospital Mob - East, Ground Flr 100 East Lancaster Ave., Suite 61 Wynnewood Pennsylvania 19096CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (610) 896-9122
- Davita - Radnor Dialysis4.4 miles away250 King of Prussia Road Wayne Pennsylvania 19087Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 254-0070
- Total Renal Care, Inc.5.08 miles away235 W. Chelten Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19144Dialysis Stations: 26 (215) 844-5915