Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation is a small nursing home located in Warren, Rhode Island. Featuring an overall rating of A-, this facility is ranked among the better nursing homes we looked at. As far as we can see, this facility is a no brainer for most people. This facility also received very consistent grades in all of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
642 Metacom Avenue,
Warren RI 02885
71.11% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Warren, Rhode Island Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Warren, Rhode Island Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving an elite overall rating, this nursing home received an A+ inspection score. This grade is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also excelled in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A-. Very few facilities performed better in this area. Short-term care grades are typically employed to gauge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also received favorable long-term care grades this year. Indeed, we gave them one of our better scores in that category, with a score of B+. Facilities that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final category we scored is nursing, where this facility was given a grade of B+. This wrapped up a first-rate report card. Few facilities earned a B+ or better in every single category. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents which have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 4.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 2.86% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 19.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 15.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 2.02% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 93.99% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 16.08% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.13% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.13 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 13.94 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Warren Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 77.03% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 7.24 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.46 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.72 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC6.51 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Dialysis Center of Tiverton6.92 miles away22 Hurst Lane Tiverton Rhode Island 02878Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 624-4403
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital8.1 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- Dialysis Center of East Providence8.1 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital8.64 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Fresenius Medical Care of Warwick9.31 miles away2814 Post Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (401) 738-4050
- Dialysis Center of Providence9.96 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Nna of Providence11.42 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300