Vintage Health Care Center is a nursing home in Denton, Texas, a city with a population of 139,552 people. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road score. The facilities in Denton received quality scores across the board with a city grade of a B. You should also take a look at this nursing home's category grades below. We discuss long-term care in the next paragraph.
Vintage Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home one of our better scores in long-term care, with an impressive grade of A. This is a much better grade than the nursing home's overall grade, which was decent but not elite. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 94 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a life threatening illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
This nursing home also excelled in inspections, where it earned a grade of A-. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Vintage Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 4.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This nursing home's worst category was nursing, which is the last category we scored. For this category, we awarded this nursing home a D. Nursing ratings are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Vintage Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Vintage Health Care Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Vintage Health Care Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Vintage Health Care Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents that suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Vintage Health Care Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Vintage Health Care Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Vintage Health Care Center, 4.66% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression. High rates of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Vintage Health Care Center, 94.73% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Vintage Health Care Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Vintage Health Care Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Vintage Health Care Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Vintage Health Care Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Vintage Health Care Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Vintage Health Care Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Denton, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Denton, Texas has 6 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DentonAcute Care Hospitals 0.32 miles away3000 N I-35 Denton Texas 76201Voluntary non-profit - Private(940) 898-7000
- Medical City DentonAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away3535 South i35 East Denton Texas 76210Proprietary(940) 384-3535
- The Heart Hospital Baylor DentonAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away2801 South Mayhill Road Denton Texas 76208Physician(940) 220-0600
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower MoundAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away4400 Long Prairie Road Flower Mound Texas 75028Proprietary(972) 419-1530
- Medical Center of LewisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 14.87 miles away500 West Main Street Lewisville Texas 75057Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 420-1000
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 15.72 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 19.03 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center GrapevineAcute Care Hospitals 19.7 miles away1650 W College St Grapevine Texas 76051Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 481-1588
- Renal Center of North Denton, Lllp1.55 miles away4309 Mesa Dr Denton Texas 76207CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (940) 566-2701
- Mission Dialysis Services, LLC4.86 miles away3305 Unicorn Lake Blvd Denton Texas 76210Dialysis Stations: 13 (940) 387-4592
- Liberty Dialysis Lake Lewisville7.51 miles away3400 Corinth Parkway Suite 130 Denton Texas 76208Dialysis Stations: 16 (940) 497-1414
- Highland Village Dialysis11.67 miles away2700 Village Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75077Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 317-5609
- Renal Center of Flower Mound, LLC12.38 miles away4941 Long Prairie Rd Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 537-5572
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Flower Mound13.94 miles away785 Cross Timbers Suite 145 Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 471-9499
- Liberty Dialysis of South Lewisville16.78 miles away101 E Southwest Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75067Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 549-7424
- Renal Center of Lewisville17.15 miles away1600 Waters Ridge Drive Suite B Lewisville Texas 75057CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 436-7211