Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Bowie, Maryland. The city has 95,216 people. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top third of all facilities in the nation. We really can't say enough great things about this place. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile was its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a quality overall grade, this nursing home also earned excellent inspections recently. We gave it one of our best grades in that area, with an A. Inspection ratings are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
To complement its elite achievements in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for its short-term care grade. With our short-term care rating, we seek to craft a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our nursing grade focuses on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last category, we gave this facility a grade of D in our long-term care category. This was the nursing home's worst category score. Nevertheless, you shouldn't focus exclusively one weak score. With our long-term care category, we analyze the quantity of care provided by a facility, along with a series of quality metrics. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 97.34513 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is more than the average nursing home. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation, 10.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation, 2.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents who suffered falls which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which have experienced UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation, 13.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation, 14.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation, 10.05% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation, 92.62% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation, 19.85% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation, 30.15% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels.
In Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation, 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation, 30.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation, 8.9 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Villa Rosa Nursing and Rehabilitation, 73.77% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Doctors' Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.38 miles away8118 Good Luck Road Lanham Maryland 20706Proprietary(301) 552-8118
- Umd Prince George's Hospital CtrAcute Care Hospitals 5.3 miles away3001 Hospital Drive Hyattsville Maryland 20785Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 618-2000
- Medstar Washington Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away110 Irving St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20010Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 877-7000
- Children's Hospital NmcChildrens 10.18 miles away111 Michigan Ave, Nw Washington District of Columbia 20010Voluntary non-profit - Private(202) 476-5000
- University of Md Laurel Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away7300 Van Dusen Road Laurel Maryland 20707Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 725-4300
- Adventist Healthcare White Oak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.36 miles away12100 Plum Orchard Drive Silver Spring Maryland 20904Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 891-5651
- Howard University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.7 miles away2041 Georgia Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20060Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 745-6100
- United Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.49 miles away1310 Southern Avenue Se Washington District of Columbia 20032Proprietary(202) 574-6611
- Holy Cross Dialysis Center - Woodmore0.35 miles away11721 Woodmore Rd Ste 190 Bowie Maryland 20721CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (301) 390-7270
- Nxstage Kidney Care Greenbelt0.65 miles away10003 Derekwood Ln Suite 100 and 145 Lanham Maryland 20706Dialysis Stations: 18 (240) 544-0811
- Renal Care of Lanham0.83 miles away4451 Parliament Place Ste "R" Lanham Maryland 20706CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (301) 459-7300
- Total Renal Care, Inc.1.4 miles away9701 Philadelphia Ct. Suite A Lanham Maryland 20706Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 918-3830
- Fmc - Prince Georges County Dialysis2.04 miles away7558 Annapolis Road Ste C-1 (Below Mcdonalds) Hyattsville Maryland 20784CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (301) 429-3555
- Kidney Care of Largo2.44 miles away1300 Mercantile Ln Ste 194 Upper Marlboro Maryland 20774CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (301) 925-4100
- Us Renal Care New Carollton Dialysis2.58 miles away8317 Annapolis Rd Hyattsville Maryland 20784CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 459-1525
- Largo Town Center Dialysis2.66 miles away1101 Mercantile Lane Ste 104 Upper Marlboro Maryland 20774Dialysis Stations: 23 (301) 341-7480