Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center is in Homer Glen, Illinois, a city with 22,743 people. It looks like this nursing home is one of the highest-graded nursing homes we found. This nursing home was given one of the highest grades we offer. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the United States. If you look further down this page, you will see this facility's category grades, which are also impressive.
Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong facility overall, this nursing home also excelled at short-term care, where it received an A+. Our short-term care grade is typically used to judge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A. Our nursing score is based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of skill of those nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center?
In addition, this facility also earned excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our best scores in that category, with an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a strong grade of B. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 95.652176 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who experienced UTI's. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are generally prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center, 30.45% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some argue this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center, 87.4% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Victorian Village Health & Wellness Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Silver Cross Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away1900 Silver Cross Blvd New Lenox Illinois 60451Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 300-1100
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.78 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.84 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.24 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Advocate South Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.58 miles away17800 S Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 799-8000
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away333 N Madison St Joliet Illinois 60435Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 725-7133
- Davita - Palos Park Dialysis3.79 miles away13155 S. Lagrange Road Orland Park Illinois 60462Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 923-0928
- Fmc - Lemont4.97 miles away16177 W 127th Street Lemont Illinois 60439Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 243-0393
- Fmc - Orland Park5.14 miles away9160 W 159th Street Orland Park Illinois 60462Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 403-2790
- Davita - New Lenox Home6.64 miles away1890 Silver Cross Blvd Ste 465 New Lenox Illinois 60451Dialysis Stations: 3 (815) 462-3971
- Davita - Renal Care Center New Lenox6.67 miles away1890 Silver Cross Blvd Suite 150 New Lenox Illinois 60451CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (815) 320-3049
- Fkc - Mokena Dialysis7.32 miles away8910 W. 192nd Street, Suite a & B Mokena Illinois 60448Dialysis Stations: 14 (708) 478-1815
- Davita - Tinley Park7.76 miles away16767 80th Ave. Tinley Park Illinois 60477Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 429-4738
- Usrc - Hickory Hills Dialysis8.19 miles away9640 S. Roberts Road Suite B-3a Hickory Hills Illinois 60457Dialysis Stations: 13 (708) 459-9598