Vi at Lakeside Village is a nursing home in Lake Worth, Florida, a city with a total of 215,808 people. This nursing home received an impressive overall score of A+, making it the highest graded nursing home in the city. At the end of the day, this place ought to be a no brainer for just about anybody. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar profile is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Vi at Lakeside Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lake Worth, Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lake Worth, Florida Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Lake Worth, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall rating, this nursing home also received an A+ inspection score. This is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can pay to a nursing home. Our inspection ratings are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to point out the fact that this nursing home excelled in our long-term care rating. We gave them an exemplary score of A+ in this area. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a dangerous health condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Vi at Lakeside Village?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next area, this top notch nursing home also performed remarkably in the area of short-term care. In this category, it received a grade of A+. Only a small group of nursing homes performed better in this category. Our short-term care grade is often employed to grade a nursing home's rehabilitation services In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In the final category, this nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing score, topping off a truly spectacular profile of straight A+'s in all of our categories. The nursing rating weighs quite a few subcategories, but the main one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Vi at Lakeside Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Vi at Lakeside Village, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Vi at Lakeside Village, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffered a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Vi at Lakeside Village, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Vi at Lakeside Village, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Vi at Lakeside Village, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Vi at Lakeside Village, 2.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Vi at Lakeside Village, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Vi at Lakeside Village, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Vi at Lakeside Village, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Vi at Lakeside Village, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Vi at Lakeside Village, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Vi at Lakeside Village, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Vi at Lakeside Village, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Lake Worth, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lake Worth, Florida has 8 other nursing homes
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.07 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.99 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 11.71 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.74 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.18 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Fmc - Atlantis0.81 miles away5503 South Congress Ave Suite 101 Lake Worth Florida 33462Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 967-0633
- Fmc Dialysis Services - North Boynton Beach3.07 miles away4965 Lechalet Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 734-5585
- Usrc Boynton Beach, LLC3.11 miles away1500 W Gateway Blvd Suite 190 Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 733-4631
- Universal Kidney Center of Boynton Beach3.44 miles away4895 Windward Passage Dr Ste 5 Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-1981
- Greenacres Dialysis Center3.82 miles away5702 Lake Worth Road #1 Lake Worth Florida 33463Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 357-9547
- Davita Bethesda Dialysis3.82 miles away332 N Congress Ave Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 364-8181
- Lake Worth Dialysis4.4 miles away2459 S Congress Ave #100 West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 25 (561) 439-1532
- Fmc - Lake Clarke Shores Dialysis Center4.6 miles away3047 Forest Hill Blvd West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 641-9611