Vincentian de Marillac is a small non-profit nursing home in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This is an A rated facility. This facility received one of the top scores we offer. A score of this caliber requires superb scores across the board. We were not surprised to discover that this is actually one of the top 10 facilities in the city. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's remarkable profile is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Vincentian de Marillac
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Pittsburgh senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving an elite overall rating, this facility earned an A+ inspection grade. This grade is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can pay to a facility. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This place received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A few relatively minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an A-. When calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the amount of time nurses are seeing residents as well as the level of licensure of the nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving residents even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Vincentian de Marillac?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a dominant short-term care score. This actually turned out to be its third best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A-. In determining our short-term care ratings, we size up a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This category is typically a meaningful measure of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final category, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its long-term care grade. This wrapped up a very impressive profile. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 87.59124 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Vincentian de Marillac Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Vincentian de Marillac, 4.81% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Vincentian de Marillac, 8.76% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term care patients which have experienced falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Vincentian de Marillac, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint could be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Vincentian de Marillac, 10.53% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Vincentian de Marillac, 1.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Vincentian de Marillac, 0% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Vincentian de Marillac, 89.03% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Vincentian de Marillac, 12.59% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Vincentian de Marillac, 22.44% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Vincentian de Marillac, 22.44% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Vincentian de Marillac, 82.09% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Pittsburgh, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has 26 other nursing homes
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.14 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Upmc St MargaretAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away815 Freeport Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15215Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 784-4000
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 2.73 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 2.98 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.96 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Upmc PassavantAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away9100 Babcock Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 367-6700
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.43 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Upmc Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh1.21 miles awayOne Children's Hospital Drive 4401 Penn Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Dialysis Stations: 6 (412) 864-8717
- Davita Bloomfield - Pittsburgh1.27 miles away5171 Liberty Avenue, Suite C Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (412) 683-3212
- Davita Pittsburgh Home Modality Coe Pd1.27 miles away5171 Liberty Avenue, Building A Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Dialysis Stations: 6 (412) 605-0415
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Western Pennsylvania1.27 miles away5124 Liberty Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Dialysis Stations: 23 (412) 682-0205
- Davita - Pittsburgh Dialysis1.32 miles away4312 Penn Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Dialysis Stations: 12 (412) 681-8556
- Dialysis Clinic Inc - Canterbury1.46 miles away376 Fisk Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Dialysis Stations: 6 (412) 683-2670
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Shadyside1.53 miles away4925 Baum Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Dialysis Stations: 20 (412) 687-2279
- Va Pittsburgh Healthcare System2.47 miles awayUniversity Drive C 7 East, Room 129 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15240Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 360-6181