Usc Verdugo Hills Hospital is in Glendale, California. The city has a multitude of available nursing homes. This nursing home was given an overall rating of A-. In fact, this turned out to be one of the three highest graded facilities in Glendale. We also want to point out that this facility is located in a hospital. Typically, this indicates that more intensive healthcare services are offered. Keep reading to find this facility's category grades, which are also quite good. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Usc Verdugo Hills Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1812 Verdugo Blvd,
Glendale CA 91208
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our short-term care category. Our short-term care scores are thought to be more important for individuals in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more skilled nursing services. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final metric we considered in this area is the number of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we gave this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Usc Verdugo Hills Hospital ?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. When calculating our nursing ratings, we weigh both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final area, we awarded this nursing home a A for our long-term care rating. This rounded out a very favorable report card. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. We weren't able to find this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Glendale, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Glendale, California has 13 other nursing homes
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.97 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 8.49 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- u.s. Renal Care Verdugo Hills Dialysis2.22 miles away1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 200 Glendale California 91208Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 790-0712
- Davita-North Glendale3.92 miles away1505 Wilson Terrace, Suite 190 Glendale California 91206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 637-8348
- Fmc-West Glendale5.22 miles away623 South Central Avenue Glendale California 91204Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 240-1065
- Davita-Glendale Dialysis5.25 miles away1000 E. Palmer Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (818) 241-6382
- Davita-West Glendale Dialysis5.73 miles away1427 S. Glendale Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (818) 241-0016
- Davita-Burbank Dialysis6.02 miles away1211 N. San Fernando Blvd. Burbank California 91504CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 842-5576
- Davita-Huntington Dialysis6.02 miles away390 S. Fair Oaks Blvd. Pasadena California 91105Dialysis Stations: 25 (626) 564-2818
- Huntington Dialysis Center6.4 miles away806 S. Fair Oaks Avenue Pasadena California 91105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (626) 792-0548