Ursuline Center is a small non-profit facility in Toledo, Ohio. This is an A+ facility, which is the highest score that we offer. Even in a city offering 15 nursing homes, this facility stands out. Headlining this nursing home's exemplary profile is its inspection reports, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Updated Aug 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
4035 Indian Road,
Toledo OH 43606
64.44% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a favorable overall score, we gave this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility an A+. When calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the amount of time nurses are seeing residents as well as the level of licensure of those nurses. This facility boasts a really impressive 4.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day, of which a significant portion of those hours were provided by registered nurses. This is one of the most highly trained levels of nurses. On top of providing impressive levels of nursing care, this facility was also above average in each of the major quality-based metrics we looked at in this category. It performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Ursuline Center?
Long-term Care Quality
In the next area we assessed, this facility was given dominant marks in the category of long-term care. For this reason, it was given one of our highest scores in that area with a grade of of A+. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to providing very impressive levels of nurse staffing, this nursing home gave the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final category, this nursing home was awarded a highly favorable short-term care grade. We awarded it a grade of B+ in that category, completing one of our more favorable report cards. Short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. One of this facility's strengths is registered nurse hours. This facility offers more care from registered nurses to its residents than most nursing homes. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ursuline Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ursuline Center, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ursuline Center, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ursuline Center, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that sustained UTI's. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ursuline Center, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ursuline Center, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ursuline Center, 19.84% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ursuline Center, 90.11% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ursuline Center, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ursuline Center, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ursuline Center, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 14 other nursing homes
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.61 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 2.26 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 3.99 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.97 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Fmc - Toledo Central Dialysis1.13 miles away3100 West Central Avenue, Suite 100 Toledo Ohio 43606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 539-4000
- Us Renal Care Northwest Ohio Dialysis1.26 miles away3829 Woodley Road Suite C-12 Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 473-9900
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate1.52 miles away3546 West Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 474-3379
- Davita - West Toledo1.58 miles away2900 Carrskadon Avenue Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 17 (419) 531-0755
- Dialysis Center of Northwest Ohio, Ltd.1.6 miles away2249 North Reynolds Road Toledo Ohio 43615CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 535-7415
- The Toledo Hospital Dialysis2.19 miles away2142 North Cove Blvd Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 5 (419) 291-8670
- Fmc - Toledo Laskey Dialysis3.05 miles away2532 W. Laskey Road Toledo Ohio 43613CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 474-8995
- Dialysis Centers of Greater Toledo3.32 miles away7635 W. Sylvania Avenue Sylvania Ohio 43560Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 517-2002