United Methodist Communities at Pitman is the sole option we identified in Pitman, New Jersey. It looks like this is a great nursing home. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is very good score. Based on our assessment, this nursing home looks like a good fit for most people. We were also pleased to find that this place did not have any poor grades in any of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
United Methodist Communities at Pitman
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this facility also performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Few facilities fared this well in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we have deficiency counts for this nursing home. We wish we had more information about this facility. Without information regarding deficiencies, it is difficult to evaluate this facility in the area of inspections.
Among this facility's other strengths is its elite nursing grade. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A-. Nursing grades are mostly associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about United Methodist Communities at Pitman?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was short-term care. This facility was awarded an above average short-term care score, with a B in the area. Short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a C. This is this nursing home's weakest category. This is still nothing to be ashamed of. For residents in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.02913 percent of its patients, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
United Methodist Communities at Pitman Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In United Methodist Communities at Pitman, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In United Methodist Communities at Pitman, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients who have had a fall leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In United Methodist Communities at Pitman, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In United Methodist Communities at Pitman, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In United Methodist Communities at Pitman, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents which were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In United Methodist Communities at Pitman, 5.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In United Methodist Communities at Pitman, 92% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In United Methodist Communities at Pitman, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In United Methodist Communities at Pitman, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In United Methodist Communities at Pitman, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In United Methodist Communities at Pitman, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In United Methodist Communities at Pitman, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In United Methodist Communities at Pitman, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Inspira Medical Center ElmerAcute Care Hospitals 10.66 miles away501 West Front Street Elmer New Jersey 08318Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 363-1000
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 13.36 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.48 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.29 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.59 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 14.65 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Washington Twp2.07 miles awayDialysis Unit 300 Medical Center Dr Sewell New Jersey 08080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Davita Renal Center of Sewell2.07 miles awayRenal Center 660 Woodbury-Glassboro Rd, Suite 29 Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 464-1172
- Fkc Sewell4.41 miles away300 Medical Center Drive Suite A Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Fresenius Medical Care Deptford LLC5.44 miles away1689 Delsea Drive West Deptford New Jersey 08096Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 468-5049
- Fmc Woodbury Dialysis Ctr7.44 miles away571 North Evergreen Ave West Deptford New Jersey 08096CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 853-8735
- Fmc Winslow8.34 miles away510 Williamstown Rd Unit 2a Sicklerville New Jersey 08081CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 728-2811
- Fkc Liberty Runnemede9.2 miles away170 Ninth Avenue Unit B Runnemede New Jersey 08078Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 312-0101
- Davita Brooklawn Dialysis9.99 miles away700 Crescent Blvd Ste 10b Gloucester City New Jersey 08030Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 456-1230