Tulsa Nursing Center is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This city is among the largest cities in the country with has a total of 413,574 people. Featuring an overall grade of D, this is a subpar facility. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 21 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. Lastly, this facility had an ownership change in the last year. Hopefully, new ownership is able to elevate its quality standards.
Tulsa Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Tulsa Nursing Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that area, which is one of our highest scores. Our inspection ratings are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes with severe deficiencies linked to risks to resident well being. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Not having any deficiencies is this facility's best achievement.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received impressive short-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our more impressive grades in that area, with a B. This turned out to be the facility's second highest score. Our short-term care scores are likely more critical for residents in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. We were not able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Tulsa Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility a grade of just D for our long-term care grade. This is well below average in this category. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. After considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.27536 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Turning to our final area, this facility did not perform very well here either. With a poor grade of F in nursing, this is about as bad as it gets. We looked at the levels of nurses employed by the facility, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses worked with residents, in determining our score in this area. This facility offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Tulsa Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Tulsa Nursing Center, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Tulsa Nursing Center, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often caused by lower quality nursing care. More supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Tulsa Nursing Center, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Tulsa Nursing Center, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Tulsa Nursing Center, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Tulsa Nursing Center, 3.83% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Tulsa Nursing Center, 92.26% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Tulsa Nursing Center, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Tulsa Nursing Center, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
In Tulsa Nursing Center, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Tulsa Nursing Center, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Tulsa Nursing Center, 15.05 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Tulsa Nursing Center, 70.64% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tulsa, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Tulsa, Oklahoma has 20 other nursing homes
- St John Broken Arrow, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away1000 West Boise Circle Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 994-8100
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 5.56 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.08 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Hillcrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.31 miles away1120 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Proprietary(918) 579-1000
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 6.42 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.64 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Fmcna - East Tulsa3.77 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427
- Fmcna - North Harvard5.35 miles away1515 N Harvard Ste D Tulsa Oklahoma 74115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (918) 835-5599
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis5.64 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis5.95 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock6.38 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127
- Davita - Central Tulsa6.54 miles away1124 S St Louis Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74120CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 585-5557
- Davita - Broken Arrow6.57 miles away1710 N 9th St Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 355-0657
- Davita - Southcrest6.58 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402