Trinity Ridge is in Hickory, North Carolina. The city has a total of 79,007 people. Sporting an overall rating of B+, this facility should work for most prospective patients. Indeed, this proved to be better than most of the nursing homes in Hickory. Fortunately, this facility didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. We were not able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this facility also received a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.71429 percent of its residents, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Trinity Ridge?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also was given favorable short-term care grades in our assessment. Indeed, we awarded it one of our higher grades in that area, with a score of B. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. We weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
The final area we analyzed was nursing. This nursing home received a favorable nursing rating this year, with a C. Although this isn't as elite as some of its other grades, this remains an acceptable grade for this area. We analyzed the skill-level of nurses working for the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses worked with patients, in computing our grade in this area. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is far below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics. Although this place got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in a few of these quality measures. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it did well in this metric. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving residents more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Trinity Ridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Trinity Ridge, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Trinity Ridge, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Trinity Ridge, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients which have had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Trinity Ridge, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Trinity Ridge, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Trinity Ridge, 3.01% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Trinity Ridge, 87.89% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Trinity Ridge, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Trinity Ridge, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Trinity Ridge, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Trinity Ridge, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Trinity Ridge, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Trinity Ridge, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Hickory, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Hickory, North Carolina has 3 other nursing homes
- Frye Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away420 N Center St Hickory North Carolina 28601Proprietary(828) 322-6070
- Catawba Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away810 Fairgrove Church Rd Hickory North Carolina 28602Voluntary non-profit - Other(828) 326-3809
- Atrium Health LincolnAcute Care Hospitals 16.28 miles away433 Mcalister Rd Lincolnton North Carolina 28092Government - Hospital District or Authority(980) 212-2000
- Carolinas Healthcare System-Blue RidgeAcute Care Hospitals 16.89 miles away2201 S Sterling St Morganton North Carolina 28655Proprietary(828) 580-5000
- Caldwell Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.12 miles away321 Mulberry St Sw Lenoir North Carolina 28645Voluntary non-profit - Other(828) 757-5100
- Davita Catawba County Dialysis3.98 miles away1900 3rd Avenue Lane Se Hickory North Carolina 28602Dialysis Stations: 10 (828) 304-0102
- Bio-Medical Applications of North Carolina, Inc.4.14 miles away1899 Tate Blvd Se Suite 2102 Hickory North Carolina 28602Dialysis Stations: 5 (828) 304-0018
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Hickory4.14 miles away1899 Tate Blvd Ste 1103 Hickory North Carolina 28602CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (828) 324-9580
- Bio-Medical Applications of North Carolina, Inc.5.78 miles away3802 Startown Rd Newton North Carolina 28658Dialysis Stations: 15 (828) 465-2006
- Fresenius Medical Services of Catawba Valley8.02 miles away301 10th Street Nw Suite C 101 Conover North Carolina 28613CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (828) 464-3830
- Fresenius Medical Care of Alexander County17.48 miles away175 Commerce Drive Taylorsville North Carolina 28681Dialysis Stations: 13 (828) 632-3547
- Fmc Lincolnton Dialysis17.54 miles away1090 S Grove Street Ext Lincolnton North Carolina 28092Dialysis Stations: 30 (704) 736-9300
- Bma of Lenoir Inc18.09 miles away322 Mulberry Street Sw Lenoir North Carolina 28645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (828) 754-5322