Town and Country Manor is one of eight nursing homes located in Santa Ana, California. This facility is among the highest-rated facilities we found. In fact, it received the top rating. We couldn't find many negative things to say about this nursing home. Its scores are as good as they get. We also gave this nursing home strong ratings in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Town and Country Manor
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Best Nursing Home in Santa Ana, California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Santa Ana, California Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Santa Ana, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out the fact that this nursing home earned near flawless inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home received elite marks in the area of long-term care. Consequently, it received one of our most impressive scores in that category with a score of A+. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the nursing home population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Town and Country Manor?
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing rating assesses quite a few subcategories, but the main consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last category, this facility also performed well in our short-term care category. We gave it an A in this category. This wrapped up truly elite profile. In computing our short-term care scores, we look at a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is generally a solid assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Town and Country Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Town and Country Manor, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Town and Country Manor, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Town and Country Manor, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by poor nursing care. However, this statistic can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Town and Country Manor, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Town and Country Manor, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents that were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Town and Country Manor, 4.64% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Town and Country Manor, 95.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Town and Country Manor, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Town and Country Manor, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Town and Country Manor, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Town and Country Manor, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Town and Country Manor, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Town and Country Manor, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Santa Ana, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Santa Ana, California has 7 other nursing homes
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.66 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.95 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.12 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.18 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- South Coast Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away2701 S Bristol St Santa Ana California 92704Proprietary(714) 754-5454
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Satellite Healthcare Orange0.63 miles away1518 W. La Veta Avenue Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 285-9675
- Davita-Main Place Dialysis Center1.03 miles away146 South Main Street Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 938-0870
- Fmc-University Dialysis Center of Orange1.19 miles away1809 W. Chapman Avenue Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 634-3583
- St. Joseph Hospital Renal Center1.2 miles awaySr. Elizabeth Bldg. 1100 W. Stewart Drive Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (714) 771-8037
- Davita-Tustin Dialysis Center1.6 miles away2090 N. Tustin Avenue, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 835-2450
- St. Joseph Hospital Dialysis Center-Santa Ana2.14 miles away2212 E. 4th Street, Suite 101 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 571-7850
- Fmc-South Orange County2.44 miles away2020 E. First Street, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 972-1236
- Davita-Tustin Ranch Dialysis2.59 miles away721 W 1st Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 544-0079