The Village at Victory Lakes is located in Lake Villa, Illinois, a city with 35,111 people. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the highest-rated nursing homes we found. This facility received one of the most impressive scores we offer. We were impressed enough to rank this facility as one of the top 50 nursing homes in Illinois. If you scroll down, you will see this nursing home's category grades, which look to be just as strong as its overall rating.
The Village at Victory Lakes
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ short-term care grade. With our short-term care rating, we attempt to forge a fair measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about The Village at Victory Lakes?
Another quality feature of this nursing home is its inspection score. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of A-. This topped off a very impressive report card. Not many nursing homes earned an A- or better in all four categories. Facilities that excel in this category tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the amount of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a deadly ailment for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility does not take any chances. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Village at Victory Lakes Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Village at Victory Lakes, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Village at Victory Lakes, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term care residents who have experienced falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Village at Victory Lakes, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Village at Victory Lakes, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Village at Victory Lakes, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Village at Victory Lakes, 29.8% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Village at Victory Lakes, 87.49% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Village at Victory Lakes, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Village at Victory Lakes, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility.
In The Village at Victory Lakes, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Village at Victory Lakes, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Village at Victory Lakes, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Village at Victory Lakes, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.35 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.07 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Midwestern Region Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.87 miles away2520 Elisha Avenue Zion Illinois 60099Proprietary(847) 872-4561
- Aurora Medical Ctr KenoshaAcute Care Hospitals 12.22 miles away10400 75th St Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 948-5600
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.46 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Froedtert South - Kenosha Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.47 miles away6308 Eighth Ave Kenosha Wisconsin 53143Government - Local(262) 656-2011
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.62 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Lake Villa Dialysis3.48 miles away37809 N Illinois, Route 59 Lake Villa Illinois 60046CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 245-4872
- Fmc - Neomedica - Round Lake4.78 miles away401 W. Nippersink Round Lake Illinois 60073CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 740-5281
- Fmc - Antioch4.93 miles away311 W. Depot Street, Suite H Antioch Illinois 60002Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 395-5854
- Fmc - Gurnee8.92 miles away50 Tower Ct , Ste B Gurnee Illinois 60031CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 249-5555
- Davita - Waukegan Dialysis9.42 miles away3350 W Grand Ave Ste 100 Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 782-0640
- Beach Park Dialysis10.24 miles away3113 N. Lewis Avenue Waukegan Illinois 60087Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 782-8250
- Froedtert South, Inc.- St. Catherine's Kidney Center11.41 miles away9555 76th St Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin 53158CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (262) 577-8791
- Fmc - Waukegan Harbor11.76 miles away110 N. West Street Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (847) 599-1346