The Village at Rockville is a large non-profit facility in Rockville, Maryland. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B+. A score of this caliber requires above average scores in most areas. We found this facility to be better than the majority of the nursing homes in Rockville, which has a city grade of B. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
The Village at Rockville
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a strong overall grade, this facility also received an elite short-term care grade. We gave them one of our higher scores in that area, with an A. In computing our short-term care scores, we assess the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is generally a reliable measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we gave this nursing home an B+. The nursing score weighs several components, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about The Village at Rockville?
Moving on to another of this facility's strengths, it also received a very impressive inspection grade. This turned out to be one of its best grades. In that category, we gave this facility an impressive grade of B+. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area typically have very few severe deficiencies. This place was assessed 11 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is long-term care, where this facility was awarded a C. This actually was this nursing home's worst area. This is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. With our long-term care score, we focus on the sheer volume of care provided by a facility, along with some quality measures. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 87.68473 percent of its residents. Nevertheless, this place keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Village at Rockville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Village at Rockville, 10.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Village at Rockville, 2.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which had a fall which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Village at Rockville, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Village at Rockville, 13.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Village at Rockville, 14.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Village at Rockville, 10.05% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Village at Rockville, 92.62% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Village at Rockville, 19.85% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Village at Rockville, 30.15% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In The Village at Rockville, 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Village at Rockville, 30.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Village at Rockville, 8.9 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Village at Rockville, 73.77% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Rockville, MD
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Rockville, Maryland has 7 other nursing homes
- Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.49 miles away9901 Medical Center Drive Rockville Maryland 20850Voluntary non-profit - Private(240) 826-6527
- Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away8600 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 896-2576
- Walter Reed National Military Med CenAcute Care - Department of Defense 7.42 miles away8901 Rockville Pike Bethesda Maryland 20889Department of Defense(301) 295-4000
- Holy Cross Germantown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.49 miles away19801 Observation Drive Germantown Maryland 20876Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 557-6020
- Medstar Montgomery Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away18101 Prince Philip Drive Olney Maryland 20832Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 774-8882
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away1500 Forest Glen Road Silver Spring Maryland 20910Voluntary non-profit - Church(301) 754-7000
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.74 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Reston Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.16 miles away1850 Town Center Parkway Reston Virginia 20190Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 689-9000
- Advanced Dialysis Center - Rockville0.67 miles away299 Hurley Ave Rockville Maryland 20850Dialysis Stations: 9 (301) 838-9119
- Davita - Rockville1.97 miles away15204 Omega Drive Suite 110 Rockville Maryland 20850CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 947-2427
- Us Renal Care - Rockville4.25 miles away11800 a Nebel St Rockville Maryland 20852Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 468-3221
- Brownwood Dialysis LLC4.54 miles away5544 Norbeck Rd Rockville Maryland 20853CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 460-2090
- Gaithersburg Dialysis4.6 miles away202 Perry Parkway Suite 3 Gaithersburg Maryland 20877Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 987-0912
- Bma - Bethesda4.84 miles away6420 Rockledge Dr Ste 1100 Bethesda Maryland 20817Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 652-2554
- Bma - Rockville4.98 miles away7524 Standish Pl Ste 100-B Derwood Maryland 20855Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 610-0711
- Davita - Middlebrook Dialysis7.57 miles away12401 Middlebrook Rd Ste 160 Germantown Maryland 20874Dialysis Stations: 19 (301) 540-6020