With an address in West Bloomfield, Michigan, The Villa at Green Lake Estates is one of four facilities in the city. Sporting an overall score of B-, this is likely a solid facility. If you take a look at the other options in West Bloomfield, we hope you will find this place to be a more appealing option than most facilities in the city. This city simply does not have a great selection of nursing homes. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its exemplary nursing grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Villa at Green Lake Estates
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on West Bloomfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We awarded this nursing home one of our better scores in the area of nursing, with an A. This is a notably better grade than the facility's overall score, which was decent but not in the elite range. In calculating a facility's nursing rating, we consider the amount of time nurses commit to patients as well as the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
This facility also received favorable health inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a B. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about The Villa at Green Lake Estates?
Long-term Care Quality
The next highest area we awarded this nursing home in any area came in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of C. In the area of long-term care, we analyze the quantity of care provided by a facility, as opposed to more medically-intensive services. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 97.31801 percent of its residents, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next category, this facility was awarded a decent short-term care grade of C. In our short-term care category, we endeavor to forge a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at a nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final item we looked at in this area is the number of patients who returned home from the facility. We found that just 4.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Villa at Green Lake Estates Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Villa at Green Lake Estates, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who suffer from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Villa at Green Lake Estates, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients that had a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Villa at Green Lake Estates, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents which have sustained UTI's. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Villa at Green Lake Estates, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Villa at Green Lake Estates, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Villa at Green Lake Estates, 3.38% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Villa at Green Lake Estates, 91.02% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Villa at Green Lake Estates, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Villa at Green Lake Estates, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In The Villa at Green Lake Estates, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Villa at Green Lake Estates, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Villa at Green Lake Estates, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Villa at Green Lake Estates, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for West Bloomfield, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? West Bloomfield, Michigan has 3 other nursing homes
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.56 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 11.24 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 12.29 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.61 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.97 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.7 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita2.6 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Davita - North Oakland Dialysis4.93 miles away450 N Telegraph Rd Ste 600 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (248) 333-2230
- Davita West Bloomfield Dialysis5.01 miles away6010 W Maple Rd Ste 215 West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Dialysis Stations: 10 (248) 539-1025
- Davita - Orchard Square Dialysis6.63 miles away1900 S Telegraph Rd Ste 200 Bloomfield Hills Michigan 48302Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 451-0954
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis6.8 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Greenfield Hs - Pontiac7.27 miles away44200 Woodward Ave Ste 109 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 322-7253
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC8.24 miles away26400 W 12 Mile Rd Ste 112 Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 228-8777
- Clarkston Dialysis of Davita9.08 miles away6770 Dixie Hwy Ste 205 Clarkston Michigan 48346Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 620-0958