The Terrace of Kissimmee is an average-sized nursing home located in Kissimmee, Florida. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B+. A grade of this caliber requires above average marks in most areas. This proved to be one of the three best facilities in Kissimmee. We were also pleased to find that this facility didn't have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
The Terrace of Kissimmee
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a strong long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this area. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 97.587135 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a deadly ailment for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about The Terrace of Kissimmee?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it received a score of B+. It performed better than most nursing homes in this area. In the category of short-term care, we strive to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
The final category we graded was nursing. We awarded this facility a decent score in this area, with a B-. Even though this is not as favorable as many of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless not the end of the world. Nursing ratings are largely associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Terrace of Kissimmee Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Terrace of Kissimmee, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Terrace of Kissimmee, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Terrace of Kissimmee, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that have sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Terrace of Kissimmee, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Terrace of Kissimmee, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Terrace of Kissimmee, 2.33% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Terrace of Kissimmee, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Terrace of Kissimmee, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Terrace of Kissimmee, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In The Terrace of Kissimmee, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Terrace of Kissimmee, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Terrace of Kissimmee, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Terrace of Kissimmee, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Kissimmee, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Kissimmee, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.9 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- St Cloud Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away2906 17th Street Saint Cloud Florida 34769Proprietary(407) 498-3432
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 9.2 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Poinciana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.54 miles away325 Cypress Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34758Proprietary(407) 530-2000
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.84 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Adventhealth Heart of FloridaAcute Care Hospitals 17.19 miles away40100 Hwy 27 Davenport Florida 33837Proprietary(863) 422-4971
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 17.65 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 18.09 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Kissimmee Home Training0.09 miles away1203 N Central Ave #A Kissimmee Florida 34741Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 518-9232
- Kissimmee Dialysis0.61 miles away802 John Young Parkway Kissimmee Florida 34741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (407) 847-4423
- Buena Ventura Lakes Dialysis2.85 miles away1998 E Osceola Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34743Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 348-1271
- Hunters Creek Dialysis3.34 miles away14050 Townloop Blvd #104a Orlando Florida 32837CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (407) 858-9458
- Central Florida Kidney Center - Osceola3.98 miles away14522 Landstar Blvd Suite 108 Orlando Florida 32824Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 870-1880
- Florida Dialysis Center of Celebration LLC4 miles away5051 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway Kissimmee Florida 34746Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 397-2588
- Celebration Dialysis7.59 miles away1154 Celebration Blvd Kissimmee Florida 34747Dialysis Stations: 20 (407) 566-1780
- Orlando Southwest Dialysis10.22 miles away6925 Lake Ellenor Dr Ste 650 Orlando Florida 32809CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (407) 852-1751