The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center is one of eight nursing homes located in Littleton, Colorado. This facility received an A- overall, which is among the top grades that we offer. A grade in this range requires first-rate scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the country. If you scroll down, you will see this facility's category scores, which are also impressive.
The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
5000 East Arapahoe Road,
Littleton CO 80122
87.04% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall grade, this nursing home excelled in nursing. We gave it an A for that category. In computing our nursing scores, we weigh both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 3.9 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is higher than what is offered by most facilities. Finally, this nursing home also excelled in several of the quality-based metrics we looked at. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, this place performed as well as any nursing home Colorado in this category. This is often a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls. Many pressure ulcers can be avoided by providing better nursing care and a policy of moving patients at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its fine assessment, this facility also was given a dominant short-term care score, with a grade of A. In computing our short-term care scores, we scrutinize the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is frequently a solid assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. One of this nursing home's strengths is registered nurse hours. We found that it offers more care from registered nurses to its residents than most facilities. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. It fared as well as just about any nursing home in Colorado in this area with 59.3 percent of its residents returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center?
We gave this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Inspection scores are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we analyzed, this nursing home was awarded an impressive grade grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this score, the facility finished off a very impressive profile. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. This facility's vaccination statistics lagged a bit behind a few of its other data points in this area, such as its nursing hours. It provided the pneumonia vaccine to just 44.850494 percent of its patients. We would like to see some improvement in this area in the future. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center, 5.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center, 3.41% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients who sustained a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center, 2.12% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center, 12.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center, 3.71% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center, 85.88% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center, 15.2% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center, 20.54% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center, 20.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center, 11.36 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Suites at Someren Glen Care Center, 75.04% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Littleton, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Littleton, Colorado has 7 other nursing homes
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.35 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Parker Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.93 miles away9395 Crown Crest Blvd Parker Colorado 80138Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 269-4000
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)3.69 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- Lonetree Dialysis (Dva)3.98 miles away9777 Pyramid Ct Ste 140 Englewood Colorado 80112Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 662-0466
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)5.24 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)5.27 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)5.3 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)5.78 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)7.47 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)8.41 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911