The Reserve at Richardson is one of six facilities in Richardson, Texas. This nursing home a solid overall score of C, making it one of the top three nursing homes in the city. You can certainly do worse than this facility. This facility did not fare well in all of our categories, but it did not receive any terrible grades either. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Reserve at Richardson
- Nursing Home
Updated Mar 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for The Reserve at Richardson has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Richardson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
While this facility's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our highest scores. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. It does not appear that we have deficiency counts for this nursing home. Without having deficiency data for this nursing home, it ended up being challenging to fully evaluate it in this category.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this nursing home's better category scores was in the category of long-term care. This turned out to be its second most respectable category. In that area, we awarded this facility a C. In the category of long-term care, we weigh the quantity of services provided by a facility, as opposed to more healthcare-oriented services. We were missing a few metrics in determining this place's long-term care rating, so this score may not be as accurate as our other category scores.
Does this page answer your questions about The Reserve at Richardson?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we graded was short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. In crafting our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. The important question is whether this also impacted quality of care. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
The next category we scored is nursing, proved to be this nursing home's weakest category. We awarded this nursing home a D in this area. When determining a facility's nursing score, we assess the quantity of hours nurses are seeing residents and the level of licensure of the nurses. This facility offered a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, to round out our nursing grade, we turn to some quality-focused statistics in rounding out our nursing scores. Specifically, we look at the percent of residents who sustained pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these areas as reliable measures of the quality of nursing care, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Richardson, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Richardson, Texas has 5 other nursing homes
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.77 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 3.97 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson0.4 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480
- Collin County Dialysis Center2.73 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447
- Plano on Custer Dialysis3.24 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis3.69 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041
- Plano Dialysis Center4.17 miles away481 Shiloh Road, Suite 100 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 881-3270
- Fresenius Medical Care Renner Road, LLC4.24 miles away3517 Spectrum Blvd Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 19 (972) 234-4326
- Fmc of West Plano4.29 miles away4405 Tradition Trail Plano Texas 75093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (972) 943-7656
- Usrc Richardson, LLC4.31 miles away3321 E. Renner Rd Suite 100 Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 479-9401