The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in West Palm Beach, Florida. It looks like this nursing home is one of the more impressive nursing homes we assessed. A score of this caliber requires high-end marks across the board. This grade is higher than the city grade of A- in West Palm Beach, which is also an impressive grade. This facility also received very consistent grades in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on West Palm Beach senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with a strong overall score, we gave this nursing home an A+ for inspections. Inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our nursing score is mostly associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning residents more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a favorable long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this area. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.05363 percent of its residents. This is a proven method to minimize negative health outcomes for the senior population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is short-term care, in which this nursing home received a B. Believe it or not, this is this facility's least impressive category. A nursing home could be doing a lot worse when it's weakest grade still beats out most other nursing homes. In determining our short-term care grades, we assess a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This area is often a meaningful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric can be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 2.53% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 95.81% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for West Palm Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? West Palm Beach, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 1.95 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.19 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.12 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.14 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Continental Dialysis Care0.4 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC0.63 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit2.13 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers2.88 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164
- Dialysis Assoc of the Palm Beaches3.15 miles away2611 Poinsettia Ave West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 833-0759
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach3.47 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC4 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355
- North Palm Beach Dialysis Center5.44 miles away2841 Pga Blvd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 630-5081