The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in West Palm Beach, Florida. This is a great nursing home. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average score. We were pleased to find out that this matched the average grade of facilities in West Palm Beach, which is one of the better cities in Florida to find a nursing home. This facility also received very consistent scores in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about its category grades is available below.
The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this facility has received near flawless government inspections recently. We awarded them an A+ in this area. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. There are numerous datapoints included in this area. Most of these subcategories reflect nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also was given favorable short-term care scores in our assessment. Indeed, we awarded it one of our better grades in that category, with a score of B+. Short-term care ratings are based on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this area is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 4.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next area, this nursing home was given an extremely favorable long-term care rating. This nursing home didn't turn out to have any real weaknesses. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.65278 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a deadly health condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 2.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 94.94% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Some believe that mobility is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for West Palm Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? West Palm Beach, Florida has 11 other nursing homes
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 1.95 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.19 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.12 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.14 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Continental Dialysis Care0.4 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC0.63 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit2.13 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers2.88 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164
- Dialysis Assoc of the Palm Beaches3.15 miles away2611 Poinsettia Ave West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 833-0759
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach3.47 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC4 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355
- North Palm Beach Dialysis Center5.44 miles away2841 Pga Blvd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 630-5081