The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Florissant, Missouri. Featuring a decent overall grade of B-. After looking at the other options in Florissant, this looks like a higher quality selection than quite a few of them. This nursing home seems to have some things going for it. The best part of this nursing home's profile was is its nursing score. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
The main thing propping up this facility's profile is its elite nursing rating. In fact, we gave this nursing home an A- in that category. Our nursing score analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of training of those nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a positive score in our short-term care category. We gave this facility an above average grade of B+ in this category. In determining these short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to create a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center?
We also found that this nursing home has earned favorable government inspections in recent years. In fact, we awarded it a B- in this category. This is better than many nursing homes in this category. We would argue that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple relatively minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded is long-term care, which is this facility's worst area. We gave this facility a grade of D in this category. Of course, this category pulled down the facility's overall grade to a certain degree. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 97.36842 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that developed pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents which suffered from urinary tract infections. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center, 4.19% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center, 88.53% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Some would argue that mobility is important for patients well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Florissant, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Florissant, Missouri has 9 other nursing homes
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 2.99 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 9.36 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 12.17 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.96 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.7 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.99 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- North Saint Louis County Dialysis1.12 miles away13119 New Halls Ferry Road Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 838-3252
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - North County1.21 miles away6865 Parker Rd. Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 653-6100
- Cross Keys Dialysis1.29 miles away14001 New Halls Ferry Rd #133 Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 839-7416
- Fmc - St Louis Northeast2.46 miles away2840 Target Dr Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 355-1322
- North County Dialysis Center2.53 miles away272 Mayfair Drive Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 859-1234
- Metro Dialysis Center - North2.68 miles away2 Grandview Plaza Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (314) 831-7990
- Florissant Dialysis2.71 miles away10887 W Florissant Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63136CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 524-5737
- Fmc - Florissant2.81 miles away577 Hodershell Road Florissant Missouri 63031Dialysis Stations: 13 (314) 831-2178