The Pearl at Kruse Way is a small facility in Lake Oswego, Oregon. Featuring an overall score of A-, this is undoubtedly a very good facility. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is a wonderful choice for just about anybody. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive report card is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
The Pearl at Kruse Way
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
4550 Carman Drive,
Lake Oswego OR 97035
36.08% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lake Oswego, Oregon Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Lake Oswego, Oregon Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this nursing home excelled at short-term care. We gave them an elite grade of A+ in this area. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is often a meaningful assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. In computing our nursing grades, we weigh both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about The Pearl at Kruse Way?
In addition, this nursing home also received a nearly flawless inspection report. It received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a solid grade of C. This ended up being this nursing home's weakest category. In determining our long-term care scores, we analyze the assistance with daily living offered to the nursing home's patients. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. We were not able to locate information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Finally, this place keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Pearl at Kruse Way Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Pearl at Kruse Way, 14.28 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Pearl at Kruse Way, 77% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.11 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.82 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away1500 Division Street Oregon City Oregon 97045Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 657-6915
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.03 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.08 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Meridian Park Dialysis Center2.88 miles away19255 Sw 65th Ave Suite 100 Tualatin Oregon 97062Dialysis Stations: 14 (503) 692-8159
- Pnrs Tualatin3.46 miles away7780 Sw Mohawk St Tualatin Oregon 97062CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (971) 224-4000
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC3.51 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909
- Lake Road Dialysis6.27 miles away6902 Se Lake Rd, Suite 100 Portland Oregon 97267CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 794-1288
- Sherwood Dialysis Center7.02 miles away21035 Sw Pacific Highway Sherwood Oregon 97140Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 925-0105
- Pnrs Beaverton7.81 miles away2715 Sw 153rd Dr Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 520-1363
- Foster Powell Dialysis7.83 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Willamette Valley Renal Center7.86 miles away1510 Division St Ste 90 Oregon City Oregon 97045Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 557-1373