The Pearl at Kruse Way is the sole nursing home located in Lake Oswego, Oregon. With an overall grade of A-, this is clearly a very strong nursing home. At the end of the day, this place should be a wonderful choice for most people. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Pearl at Kruse Way
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Lake Oswego senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lake Oswego, Oregon Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Lake Oswego, Oregon Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall score, this nursing home received an A+ in our short-term care rating. In our short-term care score, we endeavor to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 7.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. Nursing scores are largely tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Oregon in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a patient at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about The Pearl at Kruse Way?
In addition, this facility also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. We awarded it a grade of B+ for that category, which is among our best grades. Inspection grades weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple relatively minor dings aren't something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a decent grade of C. This was this facility's worst category. Our long-term care scores are more critical for residents in need of more conventional services related to activities of daily living. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Finally, this place excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Pearl at Kruse Way Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Pearl at Kruse Way, 17.22% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Pearl at Kruse Way, 74.5% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.11 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.82 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away1500 Division Street Oregon City Oregon 97045Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 657-6915
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.03 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.08 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Meridian Park Dialysis Center2.88 miles away19255 Sw 65th Ave Suite 100 Tualatin Oregon 97062Dialysis Stations: 14 (503) 692-8159
- Pnrs Tualatin3.46 miles away7780 Sw Mohawk St Tualatin Oregon 97062CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (971) 224-4000
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC3.51 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909
- Lake Road Dialysis6.27 miles away6902 Se Lake Rd, Suite 100 Portland Oregon 97267CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 794-1288
- Sherwood Dialysis Center7.02 miles away21035 Sw Pacific Highway Sherwood Oregon 97140Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 925-0105
- Pnrs Beaverton7.81 miles away2715 Sw 153rd Dr Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 520-1363
- Foster Powell Dialysis7.83 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Willamette Valley Renal Center7.86 miles away1510 Division St Ste 90 Oregon City Oregon 97045Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 557-1373