The Pearl at Kruse Way is a small nursing home located in Lake Oswego, Oregon. This nursing home received an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. This nursing home has some things going for it. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category was short-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
The Pearl at Kruse Way
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
4550 Carman Drive,
Lake Oswego OR 97035
34.05% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home earned an elite short-term care score. In fact, we gave this facility an impressive grade of A- in this area, which really helped its overall grade. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Remarkably, this facility provides about 50% more hours of services from physical therapists and registered nurses than most facilities we assessed. This is certainly a very favorable sign. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that returned home from this facility. In addition to excelling in the area of physical therapy staffing, we found that it performed as well as just about any facility in the country with 64.1 percent of its patients returning home.
In addition, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it received an A-. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few relatively minor dings are not the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about The Pearl at Kruse Way?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. Our nursing score analyzes quite a few subcategories, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This place provided 7.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, which is among the better totals in Oregon. A significant percentage of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which are one of the more highly skilled levels of nurses. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home actually excelled in some of these. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving residents more often.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D for the area of long-term care. This was the nursing home's worst category rating. Of course, this category hurt the facility's overall profile to a certain degree. Facilities that don't fare well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were not able to locate information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. To our surprise, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Pearl at Kruse Way Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Pearl at Kruse Way, 14.34 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Pearl at Kruse Way, 76.21% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.11 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.82 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away1500 Division Street Oregon City Oregon 97045Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 657-6915
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.03 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.08 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Meridian Park Dialysis Center2.88 miles away19255 Sw 65th Ave Suite 100 Tualatin Oregon 97062Dialysis Stations: 14 (503) 692-8159
- Pnrs Tualatin3.46 miles away7780 Sw Mohawk St Tualatin Oregon 97062CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (971) 224-4000
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC3.51 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909
- Lake Road Dialysis6.27 miles away6902 Se Lake Rd, Suite 100 Portland Oregon 97267CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 794-1288
- Sherwood Dialysis Center7.02 miles away21035 Sw Pacific Highway Sherwood Oregon 97140Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 925-0105
- Pnrs Beaverton7.81 miles away2715 Sw 153rd Dr Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 520-1363
- Foster Powell Dialysis7.83 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Willamette Valley Renal Center7.86 miles away1510 Division St Ste 90 Oregon City Oregon 97045Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 557-1373