The Oaks at Timberline is an average-sized nursing home located in Vancouver, Washington. We gave this nursing home a C overall, which isn't a bad grade. This is comparable with the city grade in Vancouver, which is a B-. Based on our assessment, this facility has some redeeming qualities. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its strong nursing rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
The Oaks at Timberline
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
We would like to point out that this nursing home's nursing score exceeded its overall grade. This nursing home earned a B in this category, which is one of our better grades. There are a number of factors within this category. Many of these criteria relate to staffing levels. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
This nursing home actually received a solid inspection report this year as well, with few major dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it earned one of our better scores in that category with a B-. Our inspection scores are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 9 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about The Oaks at Timberline?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third highest category was short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a B-. Short-term care grades are generally used to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation To have highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. In fact, it provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next area is long-term care, in which we gave this nursing home a grade of C in that category. In the area of long-term care, we weigh the quantity of services provided by a nursing home, as opposed to more healthcare-oriented services. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Oaks at Timberline Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Oaks at Timberline, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Oaks at Timberline, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Oaks at Timberline, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Oaks at Timberline, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Oaks at Timberline, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Oaks at Timberline, 13.74% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Oaks at Timberline, 93.71% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Oaks at Timberline, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Oaks at Timberline, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care residents that maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Oaks at Timberline, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Oaks at Timberline, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Oaks at Timberline, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Vancouver, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Vancouver, Washington has 5 other nursing homes
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away2211 Ne 139th Street Vancouver Washington 98686Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 487-1000
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.06 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.11 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 10.23 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.7 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Pnrs Salmon Creek3 miles away9105 Highway 99 Ste 102 Vancouver Washington 98665CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (360) 576-1350
- Vancouver Dialysis Center4.36 miles away9120 Ne Vancouver Mall Dr Suite 160 Vancouver Washington 98682CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (360) 891-5777
- Rose City Dialysis LLC4.77 miles away7474 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97211Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 737-1020
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC6.06 miles away4905 Ne Martin Luther King Blvd Portland Oregon 97211CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (503) 288-7020
- Pnrs Ft Vancouver7.24 miles away312 Se Stonemill Dr Suite 150 Vancouver Washington 98684CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (360) 254-2323
- Portland Mlk Dialysis7.3 miles away2737 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97212Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 282-1253
- Northeast Portland Renal Center7.57 miles away703 Ne Hancock St Portland Oregon 97212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 493-3322
- Pnrs Home Dialysis7.73 miles away2701 Nw Vaughn St., Ste. 150 Portland Oregon 97201Dialysis Stations: 12 (503) 205-0320