The Manor is one of four available nursing homes located in Freehold, New Jersey. This facility is ranked among the best facilities we found. In fact, it received our top score. As a matter of fact, this proved to be better than most of the facilities in Freehold, which boasts a strong selection of nursing homes. This also appears to be a very consistent facility with consistent ratings in each of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Freehold senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great nursing home overall, it also earned A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections are virtually perfect. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this category typically have very few severe deficiencies. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was superb in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Only a select group of nursing homes received a better grade in this area. With our short-term care rating, we strive to forge a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was long-term care. Adding to its first-rate resume, this nursing home also performed well in that area. In fact, we awarded it a of A in the area. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.09091 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Switching gears to the fourth category, this nursing home also excelled in the nursing category. In fact, we awarded it an A- in that category. This finalized truly elite report card. The nursing grade analyzes several factors, however, the primary one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a resident more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Manor, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Manor, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which had falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Manor, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who experienced a UTI. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Manor, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Manor, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Manor, 6.37% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Manor, 89.73% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Manor, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Manor, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In The Manor, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Manor, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Manor, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Manor, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Freehold, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Freehold, New Jersey has 3 other nursing homes
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.23 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 12.28 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.19 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.39 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.52 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.56 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 19.67 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.89 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Dci Freehold0.23 miles away901 West Main St Suite 202 Freehold New Jersey 07728CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 677-5200
- Davita Freehold Dialysis4.26 miles away300 Craig Road Century Office Park Englishtown New Jersey 07726CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 303-1589
- Davita Jackson Township Dialysis6.91 miles away260 North County Line Road Suite 120 Jackson New Jersey 08527Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 364-2055
- Davita Renal Ctr Monroe8.79 miles away300 Overlook Drive Bldg C Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 642-8124
- Wall Township Home Training9.84 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780
- Monroe Township Dialysis9.96 miles away298 Applegarth Rd Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 10 (609) 409-4259
- Dci Monroe10.09 miles away2 Research Way Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 12 (609) 356-7200
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis11.93 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222