The Lodge at Bear Creek is in Grapevine, Texas, a city with a total of 46,320 people. It looks like this is a fine nursing home. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable rating. With no A rated nursing homes in the city, this turned out to be the number one rated facility in Grapevine. Keep reading to see this facility's category grades, which are also quite good. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
The Lodge at Bear Creek
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a strong overall score, this nursing home performed even better in the area of inspections which is based on the nursing home's recent government inspections. We awarded it an A for this area, which is one of our best scores. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This facility received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Adding to its impressive resume, this facility also excelled in our nursing category. We awarded it an B+ for that category. Our nursing score is primarily based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about The Lodge at Bear Creek?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a favorable short-term care score. Indeed, we awarded it an above average score of B in this area. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was long-term care, where this facility received a B. This facility did not prove to have any weak categories. Facilities that excel in this category tend to provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After considering the volume of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a life threatening ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility doesn't take any chances. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Lodge at Bear Creek Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Lodge at Bear Creek, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Lodge at Bear Creek, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which had a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Lodge at Bear Creek, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients who experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint can be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Lodge at Bear Creek, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Lodge at Bear Creek, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Lodge at Bear Creek, 4.66% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Lodge at Bear Creek, 94.73% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Lodge at Bear Creek, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Lodge at Bear Creek, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Lodge at Bear Creek, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Lodge at Bear Creek, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Lodge at Bear Creek, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Grapevine, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Grapevine, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 1.86 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center GrapevineAcute Care Hospitals 2.52 miles away1650 W College St Grapevine Texas 76051Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 481-1588
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.04 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower MoundAcute Care Hospitals 9.67 miles away4400 Long Prairie Road Flower Mound Texas 75028Proprietary(972) 419-1530
- Medical City Las ColinasAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away6800 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75039Proprietary(972) 969-2000
- Dialysis Services of Grapevine0.71 miles away1601 Hart Court Southlake Texas 76092Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 329-1866
- Ar - Grapevine Kidney Center, LLC2.54 miles away1270 William D. Tate Ave Suite 300 Grapevine Texas 76051Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 421-6326
- Grapevine Dialysis2.77 miles away1651 W. Northwest Hwy Grapevine Texas 76051CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (817) 251-0675
- Mid Cities Dialysis Center4.99 miles away117 East Harwood Road Hurst Texas 76054Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 656-2843
- Heb Dialysis Center5.46 miles away1809 Forest Ridge Drive Bedford Texas 76022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 545-4509
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Bedford LLC5.65 miles away1600 Central Drive Suite 130 Bedford Texas 76022Dialysis Stations: 20 (817) 540-6084
- Keller Dialysis6.13 miles away11000 Old Denton Road Keller Texas 76248Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 337-5483
- North Hills Dialysis7.09 miles away7927 Boulevard 26 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 605-9861