The Laurels of Chagrin Falls is an average-sized nursing home located in Chagrin Falls, Ohio. This is a lower end nursing home, with an overall grade of D. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Chagrin Falls. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive short-term care grade. You can continue reading to learn more about short-term care and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Laurels of Chagrin Falls
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Chagrin Falls senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although this facility's overall score wasn't a highlight, it received a good grade for short-term care. In fact, we gave it a B+ for that category, which is one of our better scores. This one of its few redeeming features. In forming our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Building on its strong profile, this facility also received an excellent nursing rating, with an B. Our nursing score analyzes many datapoints, most of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning residents at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about The Laurels of Chagrin Falls?
We wanted to point out this nursing home's inspection score where it received an F. This often means we found some red flags on the inspections. For places with bad inspection scores, you should focus on any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This particular nursing home had 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a threat to resident safety or health. Lastly, we would like to point out that this nursing home received significant government fines recently amounting to more than $100,000. This generally suggests that a nursing home's poor performance spanned multiple years.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was long-term care. This nursing home was given a rock bottom grade of F in that area. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means the nursing home did not perform well in our measures relating to patient care. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated 78 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be quite a bit below the national average. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Laurels of Chagrin Falls Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Laurels of Chagrin Falls, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Laurels of Chagrin Falls, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who have suffered falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Laurels of Chagrin Falls, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Laurels of Chagrin Falls, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Laurels of Chagrin Falls, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Laurels of Chagrin Falls, 21.39% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Laurels of Chagrin Falls, 88.91% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Laurels of Chagrin Falls, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing. Many believe this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Laurels of Chagrin Falls, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Laurels of Chagrin Falls, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Laurels of Chagrin Falls, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.05 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Uh Geauga Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away13207 Ravenna Rd Chardon Ohio 44024Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 269-6000
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.55 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.51 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 12.51 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 13.08 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Fmc - Solon4.92 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.5.88 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall5.89 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.6 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Community Dialysis Center6.89 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.7.78 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Fkc-Ohio Renal Care Group Southpointe8.27 miles away4200 Warrensville Center Road, Suite 100 Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 368-0004
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.8.64 miles away18720 Chagrin Blvd Beachwood Ohio 44122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (216) 295-7000