The Lafayette-Redeemer is a facility located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania which has a total of 1,526,206 people. With an overall rating of A-, this facility is one of the better facilities we assessed. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this ended up being a quality nursing home is that it received a very impressive grade in inspections. Inspections ended up being its best category. In this area, we gave this facility an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some are quite minor. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient safety or health. A few relatively minor dings aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its top-shelf resume, this facility also excelled in our short-term care category. In fact, it received a score of A for that category. Short-term care grades are typically used to grade a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Lafayette-Redeemer?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. When determining a nursing home's nursing grade, we consider the amount of time nurses are with residents as well as the levels of training of the nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was long-term care. We gave this facility a decent score in that area, with a B-. While this was not as strong as many of this nursing home's other grades, it is still not a major area of concern. Long-term care grades are pivotal for people needing non-healthcare services such as personal care. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 95.87629 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. This place also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Lafayette-Redeemer Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that suffered falls which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that are given antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 3.23% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 88.5% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Philadelphia, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has 48 other nursing homes
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.55 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.99 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.78 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 6.24 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis1.58 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788
- Bio Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.1.85 miles away700 Cottman Avenue, Building A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 745-3183
- Davita - Grant One Dialysis Center1.9 miles away9475 Roosevelt Boulevard, Suite 9 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 673-0490
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Nazareth1.97 miles away2601 Holme Avenue Ground Floor, Marion Building Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 335-0668
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center, LLC2.21 miles away9815 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 1a Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 330-0494
- Davita Cottman Kidney Center2.37 miles away7198 Castor Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 745-4060
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center2.48 miles away518 Knorr Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 745-4859
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greater Northeast2.92 miles away10500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116Dialysis Stations: 15 (215) 673-3923