The Lafayette-Redeemer is a facility located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania which has a total of 1,526,206 people. With an overall rating of A-, this facility is one of the better facilities we assessed. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. This facility also received phenomenal scores in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Philadelphia senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home also excelled in inspections, which is based on its inspection reports. We gave it a grade of A in that category. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies an immediate threat to resident health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its high-end assessment, this nursing home also was awarded a strong short-term care score, with a score of A. Short-term care grades are typically used to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to have good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Lafayette-Redeemer?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing grade is based on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning residents even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated was long-term care. This facility was awarded a favorable nursing rating in our assessment, with a B. Even though this wasn't as impressive as a few of its other category grades, this is nevertheless one of our better scores for that category. For residents seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 86.243385 percent of its residents, which is somewhat less than we were hoping for. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Lafayette-Redeemer Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered falls which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 3.3% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression. High rates of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 86.27% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that mobility is important for patients physical and mental health.
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Lafayette-Redeemer, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Philadelphia, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has 19 other nursing homes
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.55 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.99 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.78 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 6.24 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis1.58 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788
- Bio Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.1.85 miles away700 Cottman Avenue, Building A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 745-3183
- Davita - Grant One Dialysis Center1.9 miles away9475 Roosevelt Boulevard, Suite 9 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 673-0490
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Nazareth1.97 miles away2601 Holme Avenue Ground Floor, Marion Building Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 335-0668
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center, LLC2.21 miles away9815 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 1a Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 330-0494
- Davita Cottman Kidney Center2.37 miles away7198 Castor Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 745-4060
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center2.48 miles away518 Knorr Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 745-4859
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greater Northeast2.92 miles away10500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116Dialysis Stations: 15 (215) 673-3923