The Healthcare Resort of Plano is a small nursing home in Plano, Texas. We gave this facility an overall score of A-, which is a very impressive grade. As a matter of fact, it proved to be ranked among the top three nursing homes in the city. We flat out can't say enough great things about this facility. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile was its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
The Healthcare Resort of Plano
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its dominant resume, this facility also performed well in our short-term care area. In fact, it received a score of A- for the area. In the category of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Healthcare Resort of Plano?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care. Adding to its top-shelf profile, this nursing home also excelled in this category. In fact, it received a grade of of A- in the area. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The final category we rated was nursing. We gave this facility one of our more favorable scores in that area, with a grade of B. Although this isn't as high as some of this nursing home's other scores, it is still a fine score. The nursing rating weighs a handful of components, most of which are based on nursing hours. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Texas in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving residents at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Healthcare Resort of Plano Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 94.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Plano, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Plano, Texas has 8 other nursing homes
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 0.85 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 2.07 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery PlanAcute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away6020 W Parker Road Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(972) 403-2700
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 5.38 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Plano on Custer Dialysis1.33 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047
- Fmc of West Plano1.56 miles away4405 Tradition Trail Plano Texas 75093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (972) 943-7656
- Collin County Dialysis Center3.32 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447
- Renal Center of Plano, LLC3.35 miles away4112 W Spring Creek Parkway Suite D-200 Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 608-7831
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis3.39 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson3.44 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480
- Davita West Plano Dialysis4.39 miles away5036 Tennyson Parkway Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 608-1089
- Us Renal Care Plano Dialysis5.13 miles away4108 W 15th Street Suite 100 Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 209-0355