The Healthcare Resort of Plano is a small nursing home in Plano, Texas. We gave this facility an overall score of A-, which is a very impressive grade. As a matter of fact, it proved to be the highest graded nursing home in the city. We flat out can't say enough great things about this nursing home. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive long-term care score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Healthcare Resort of Plano
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Plano senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home also earned an excellent long-term care score, with a grade of A. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about The Healthcare Resort of Plano?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Nursing grades are primarily based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is short-term care. We gave this facility one of our better scores in this area, with a grade of B. Even though this wasn't as dominant as several of this nursing home's other scores, it is nevertheless a fine grade. In our short-term care category, we endeavor to craft a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess the nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. We were not able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Healthcare Resort of Plano Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who have suffered falls leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients which had urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 4.84% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 93.69% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that mobility is critical to patients well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Healthcare Resort of Plano, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Plano, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Plano, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 0.85 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 2.07 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery PlanAcute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away6020 W Parker Road Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(972) 403-2700
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 5.38 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Plano on Custer Dialysis1.33 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047
- Fmc of West Plano1.56 miles away4405 Tradition Trail Plano Texas 75093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (972) 943-7656
- Collin County Dialysis Center3.32 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447
- Renal Center of Plano, LLC3.35 miles away4112 W Spring Creek Parkway Suite D-200 Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 608-7831
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis3.39 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson3.44 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480
- Davita West Plano Dialysis4.39 miles away5036 Tennyson Parkway Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 608-1089
- Us Renal Care Plano Dialysis5.13 miles away4108 W 15th Street Suite 100 Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 209-0355