With an address in Chattanooga, Tennessee, The Health Center at Standifer Place is one of four available facilities in the area. This turns out to be a solid facility, with an overall grade of C. Based on our analysis, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. The best part of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
The Health Center at Standifer Place
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
2626 Walker Rd,
Chattanooga TN 37421
76.48% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its relatively modest overall grade, we gave this facility a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. This is far more impressive than its overall score. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best area is its long-term care grade, where it was given a B-. Long-term care scores are meaningful for residents requiring personal care. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 93.492584 percent of its residents, which is slightly below what we expected. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. While it had 2 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted score was better than most nursing homes due to it having more complex patients.
Does this page answer your questions about The Health Center at Standifer Place?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. There are a number of datapoints within this area. Many of the factors relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 3.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also considered some quality-based statistics in this category. Although this facility did not rank highly in terms of nursing hours, it fared much better in some of the quality measures we looked at. For example, in terms of the number of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, this place fared better than average. This is usually a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented with better nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was short-term care, which is this facility's weakest category. It received a lowly F for this area, which is obviously a major concern. In the category of short-term care, we try to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this nursing home offers substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical nursing home. The final metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 39.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics was damning for this nursing home's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Health Center at Standifer Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Health Center at Standifer Place, 9.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Health Center at Standifer Place, 3.51% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients which sustained falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Health Center at Standifer Place, 3.12% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Health Center at Standifer Place, 15.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Health Center at Standifer Place, 29.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Health Center at Standifer Place, 8.77% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Health Center at Standifer Place, 89.84% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Health Center at Standifer Place, 16.62% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Health Center at Standifer Place, 26.14% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In The Health Center at Standifer Place, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Health Center at Standifer Place, 26.14 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Health Center at Standifer Place, 11.25 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Health Center at Standifer Place, 72.83% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Chattanooga, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Chattanooga, Tennessee has 3 other nursing homes
- Memorial Healthcare System, IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.06 miles away2525 Desales Ave Chattanooga Tennessee 37404Voluntary non-profit - Church(423) 495-2525
- Parkridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away2333 Mccallie Ave Chattanooga Tennessee 37404Proprietary(423) 894-4220
- Erlanger Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away975 E 3rd St Chattanooga Tennessee 37403Government - Hospital District or Authority(423) 778-7000
- Chi Memorial Hospital- GeorgiaAcute Care Hospitals 10.36 miles away100 Gross Crescent Circle Fort Oglethorpe Georgia 30742Proprietary(770) 874-5400
- Tennova Healthcare-ClevelandAcute Care Hospitals 17.5 miles away2305 Chambliss Ave Nw Cleveland Tennessee 37311Proprietary(423) 339-4132
- Chattanooga Kidney Center2.66 miles away2118 Stein Drive Chattanooga Tennessee 37421CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (423) 648-4900
- Kidney Center of Hwy 583.57 miles away4803 Hwy 58 Suite B Chattanooga Tennessee 37416CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (423) 468-3178
- Kidney Center of Ooltewah-Collegedale, LLC4.24 miles away5483 Little Debbie Pkwy Ooltewah Tennessee 37363Dialysis Stations: 28 (423) 541-3450
- Kidney Center of Missionary Ridge, LLC6.42 miles away3810 Brainerd Road Chattanooga Tennessee 37411CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 71 (423) 486-9510
- Dci East Ridge6.61 miles away6104 North Mack Smith Rd. Chattanooga Tennessee 37412Dialysis Stations: 24 (423) 894-8133
- Dci Hixson7.32 miles away1816 Hamill Rd. Hixson Tennessee 37343Dialysis Stations: 12 (423) 875-0020
- Dci Lyerly7.38 miles away2300 East Third Street Suite A Chattanooga Tennessee 37404Dialysis Stations: 26 (423) 698-6422
- Dci Chattanooga 3rd St7.98 miles away1425 East Third Street Chattanooga Tennessee 37404CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (423) 698-0927