The Green House Cottages of Poplar Grove is an average-sized nursing home in Little Rock, Arkansas. This facility was given a strong overall score of B+, leading us to rate it as one of the better options in Little Rock. Candidly, this city had quite a few poorly-graded facilities so this looks like a good choice. Even in a city with 14 nursing homes, this facility stood out. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
The Green House Cottages of Poplar Grove
- Nursing Home
Updated Mar 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for The Green House Cottages of Poplar Grove has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home received an A+ inspection grade. This is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a facility. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. We weren't able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. We would like to have more data for this facility. Without complete deficiency related data, it ended up being a challenge to evaluate it in this category.
Building on its impressive profile, this place also excelled in the area of nursing. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ for that category. Nursing scores are largely tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about The Green House Cottages of Poplar Grove?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our third area, this nursing home also earned a grade of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. We were not able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a grade of B-. While this is its least impressive category rating, this is still a middle of the pack score. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we analyze the assistance with daily living offered to a facility's residents. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information on vaccination rates. Lastly, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Little Rock, Arkansas has 13 other nursing homes
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.9 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.42 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 3.94 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 5.66 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 10.16 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- North Metro Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.3 miles away1400 Braden Street Jacksonville Arkansas 72076Proprietary(501) 985-7000
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis0.33 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC0.74 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC0.76 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis1.04 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis1.18 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890
- Arkansas Staff Assisted Hemodialysis Clinic1.34 miles away9421 West Markham Suite B Little Rock Arkansas 72205Dialysis Stations: 4 (501) 217-3888
- Fmcna - East Little Rock1.61 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867
- Arkansas Childrens Hospital-Dialysis3.64 miles away1 Childrens Way-Slot 204 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Dialysis Stations: 7 (501) 364-1813