The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton is located in Easton, Pennsylvania. This city has a total of 83,703 people. This is a fine facility. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid score. You could certainly do much worse than this nursing home. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section
The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
500 Washington Street,
Easton PA 18042
87.73% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some can be relatively minor. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility performed well in the category of long-term care. As a result, we gave it a grade of A- for that area, which happens to be one of our higher scores. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the statistics we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 58.854168 percent of its residents. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. This facility didn't perform quite as well in this category as it did in some other categories. Nevertheless, this is still a respectable score. The nursing grade consists of many subcategories, but the main consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, nursing ratings also factor in quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is short-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in that area. This is not a bad grade in this area. In the area of short-term care, we strive to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton, 3.12% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton, 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Gardens for Memory Care at Easton, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Easton, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Easton, Pennsylvania has 4 other nursing homes
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.59 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.98 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 10.94 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.48 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.14 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.92 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Fmc Phillipsburg Dialysis Ctr1.97 miles away471 Center Street Kidney Treatment Center Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (908) 454-7440
- Davita - Palmer Dialysis Center2.22 miles away30 Community Drive Easton Pennsylvania 18045CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 258-8855
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Easton3.68 miles away3501 Northwood Avenue Easton Pennsylvania 18045Dialysis Stations: 30 (610) 253-4278
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc8.91 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem10.35 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem11.03 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Slatebelt11.71 miles away525 East West Street Wind Gap Pennsylvania 18091Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 863-7852
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC13.97 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706