With an address in Sellersville, Pennsylvania, The Community at Rockhill is the only option we found there. It looks like this nursing home is one of the most elite nursing homes we looked at. Being awarded an A+ in our rating scheme requires first-rate marks across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top five percentile of all nursing homes in the nation. One of the best aspects of this facility's stellar report card is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
The Community at Rockhill
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall grade, we gave this place an A+ for our inspections rating. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home was assessed 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility was given elite marks in the category of short-term care. As a result, it received one of our most impressive scores in that category with a grade of A+. Our short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Community at Rockhill?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a top-shelf long-term care grade. Indeed, this is this facility's third strongest category grade. In that area, this facility received a grade of A. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 98.02631 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In the last area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for our nursing grade. This finished off a first-rate report card. Our nursing score weighs several components, however, the paramount one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Pennsylvania in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a resident even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Community at Rockhill Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Community at Rockhill, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients who have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Community at Rockhill, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients who had a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Community at Rockhill, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Community at Rockhill, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents which are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Community at Rockhill, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Community at Rockhill, 3.12% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Community at Rockhill, 88.22% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Community at Rockhill, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Community at Rockhill, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In The Community at Rockhill, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Community at Rockhill, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Community at Rockhill, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Community at Rockhill, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.56 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.6 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 12.64 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 13.71 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.38 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Pottstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.59 miles away1600 East High Street Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 327-7000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis2.11 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale6.82 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Davita - St. Luke's Quakertown Dialysis6.88 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 536-8184
- Davita North Wales Dialysis7.98 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson8.56 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus9.62 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown10.33 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton14.06 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776