With an address in Sellersville, Pennsylvania, The Community at Rockhill is the only option we found there. It looks like this nursing home is one of the most elite nursing homes we looked at. Being awarded an A+ in our rating scheme requires first-rate marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top five percentile of all nursing homes in the United States. One of the best aspects of this facility's stellar report card is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Community at Rockhill
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Sellersville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall grade, we gave this place an A+ for our inspections rating. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home was assessed 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility was given elite marks in the category of short-term care. As a result, it received one of our most impressive scores in that category with a grade of A+. Our short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Community at Rockhill?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. The nursing grade assesses a handful of subcategories, most of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category, this facility also was awarded a first-rate long-term care grade, with a grade of A. This rounded out a very favorable report card. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. After we finished assessing the volume of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a dangerous ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Community at Rockhill Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Community at Rockhill, 0% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Community at Rockhill, 4.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care residents that experienced falls which resulted in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Community at Rockhill, 6.85% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Community at Rockhill, 6.71% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used to treat several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Community at Rockhill, 10.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Community at Rockhill, 2.8% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression. High rates of depression may imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Community at Rockhill, 95.73% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Community at Rockhill, 17.09% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Community at Rockhill, 18.25% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels.
In The Community at Rockhill, 0.55 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Community at Rockhill, 18.25% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Community at Rockhill, 8.03% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Community at Rockhill, 61.68% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.56 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.6 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 12.64 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 13.71 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.38 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Pottstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.59 miles away1600 East High Street Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 327-7000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis2.11 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale6.82 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Davita - St. Luke's Quakertown Dialysis6.88 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 536-8184
- Davita North Wales Dialysis7.98 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson8.56 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus9.62 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown10.33 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton14.06 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776