The Center at Val Vista is an average-sized facility located in Gilbert, Arizona. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the top grades we offer. We were impressed enough to rate this facility as one of the 50 best nursing homes in Arizona. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's exemplary profile is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Center at Val Vista
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Gilbert senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Gilbert, Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Gilbert, Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection scores account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its impressive profile, this nursing home also performed well in our short-term care area. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that area. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Center at Val Vista?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next category, this facility was awarded a strong long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in this category. Facilities that receive this kind of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. It does not look like this nursing home submitted information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final area we analyzed was nursing. This facility was awarded a favorable nursing score in our assessment, with a B. Even though this is not nearly as good as several of its other category grades, this is still one of our better scores for that area. When determining our nursing grades, we analyze both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Center at Val Vista Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Center at Val Vista, 11.86 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Center at Val Vista, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.48 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.51 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Mountain Vista Medical Center, LpAcute Care Hospitals 10.84 miles away1301 South Crismon Road Mesa Arizona 85209Proprietary(480) 358-6100
- Banner Ironwood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.85 miles away37000 North Gantzel Road San Tan Valley Arizona 85140Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 394-4030
- Banner Goldfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.09 miles away2050 West Southern Avenue Apache Junction Arizona 85120Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 733-3300
- Huhu Kam Memorial HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 14.24 miles away483 West Seed Farm Road Sacaton Arizona 85147Government - Federal(520) 562-3321
- Gilbert Dialysis (Fmc)0.34 miles away3511 Mercy Rd Ste 101 Gilbert Arizona 85297CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 857-8338
- Mesa Dialysis Center (Fmc)5.42 miles away1525 N Gilbert Rd Ste 121 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 497-1127
- Chandler Dialysis (Fmc)6.49 miles away912 W Chandler Blvd Bldg a-D Chandler Arizona 85225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 821-9801
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Gilbert (Dva)6.68 miles away5222 E Baseline Rd Ste 104 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 832-6996
- South Mountain Dialysis Center (Fmc)6.79 miles away26 E Baseline Ste 142 Phoenix Arizona 85042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (602) 268-8158
- Ocotillo Dialysis (Dva)6.96 miles away975 W Chandler Heights Ste 101 Chandler Arizona 85248Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 802-4405
- Southeast Valley Dialysis (Fmc)7.15 miles away22715 S Ellsworth Rd Ste D Queen Creek Arizona 85142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 677-2463
- Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)7.86 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 109 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 926-1906