With an address in Tarrytown, New York, Tarrytown Hall Care Center is one of just a couple available nursing homes in this city. This nursing home proved to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. You can certainly do much worse than this place. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Tarrytown Hall Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home really excelled in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of A-. Few facilities performed more favorably in this area. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 66.75393 percent of its patients. This is somewhat below what we anticipated but still a respectable percentage. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Tarrytown Hall Care Center?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. This facility didn't perform quite as well in this category as it did in some other categories. Nevertheless, this is still a respectable score. The nursing grade includes several factors, however, the primary consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is significantly below the national average. Finally, while this facility got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this subcategory.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we rated is short-term care, which proved to be this nursing home's weakest category. We gave this nursing home a D in this category. Of course, this score pulled down the facility's overall grade a bit. Our short-term care ratings are likely more important for residents in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This definitely was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most facilities, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Tarrytown Hall Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Tarrytown Hall Care Center, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Tarrytown Hall Care Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Tarrytown Hall Care Center, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. However, this statistic may also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Tarrytown Hall Care Center, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Tarrytown Hall Care Center, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Tarrytown Hall Care Center, 13.2% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression may indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Tarrytown Hall Care Center, 91.26% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Tarrytown Hall Care Center, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Tarrytown Hall Care Center, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Tarrytown Hall Care Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Tarrytown Hall Care Center, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Tarrytown Hall Care Center, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Tarrytown Hall Care Center, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Phelps Memorial Hospital AssnAcute Care Hospitals 1.86 miles away701 North Broadway Tarrytown New York 10591Voluntary non-profit - Other(914) 366-3000
- Westchester Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away100 Woods Rd Valhalla New York 10595Government - Hospital District or Authority(914) 493-7000
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.42 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.02 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Northern Westchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.83 miles away400 East Main Street Mount Kisco New York 10549Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 666-1200
- Montefiore Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.78 miles away12 North 7th Avenue Mount Vernon New York 10550Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 664-8000
- Davita Hudson Valley Dialysis Center1.16 miles away155 White Plains Road Suite 107 Tarrytown New York 10591CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 332-7599
- Westchester Artificial Kidney Center3.22 miles away234 Tarrytown Road Dialysis Unit Elmsford New York 10523CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 592-5858
- Dialysis Clinic Inc, Bradhurst3.35 miles away19 Bradhurst Avenue Hawthorne New York 10532CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 592-4366
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC4.75 miles away131 Route 303 Valley Cottage New York 10989CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (845) 268-2777
- Davita White Plains Dialysis Center5.7 miles away200 Hamilton Avenue Suite 13b White Plains New York 10601CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (914) 328-4900
- Davita Yonkers East Dialysis Center8.04 miles away5 Odell Plaza Suite 131 Yonkers New York 10701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (914) 376-0296
- Davita Port Chester Dialysis and Renal Center8.13 miles away3020 Westchester Ave Purchase New York 10577CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (914) 701-5232
- Rockland County Dialysis8.29 miles away203 West Route 59 Nanuet New York 10954Dialysis Stations: 20 (845) 501-7590