Tabor Hills Health Care Facility is an average-sized non-profit facility in Naperville, Illinois. With an overall rating of A, this facility is among the highest-graded facilities we assessed. Indeed, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it as one of the three highest graded nursing homes in Naperville. If you look further down this page, you can see this place's category ratings, which appear to be just as strong as its overall grade.
Tabor Hills Health Care Facility
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility also received an excellent nursing rating, with an A. The nursing rating considers numerous factors. The most important factor is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this facility excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Tabor Hills Health Care Facility?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a fine long-term care score. This actually ended up being its third best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.1342 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In our last area, this nursing home also received a first-rate short-term care rating, with an A-. This rounded out a very strong profile. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Tabor Hills Health Care Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Tabor Hills Health Care Facility, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Tabor Hills Health Care Facility, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents which have sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Tabor Hills Health Care Facility, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic could be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Tabor Hills Health Care Facility, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Tabor Hills Health Care Facility, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents who were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are typically prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Tabor Hills Health Care Facility, 29.8% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Tabor Hills Health Care Facility, 87.49% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Tabor Hills Health Care Facility, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Tabor Hills Health Care Facility, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Tabor Hills Health Care Facility, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Tabor Hills Health Care Facility, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Tabor Hills Health Care Facility, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Tabor Hills Health Care Facility, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Naperville, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Naperville, Illinois has 6 other nursing homes
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.38 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.94 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.93 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center2.27 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fmc - Dupage West4.41 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Fkc - East Aurora4.97 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd6.09 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Fmc - Naperbrook6.18 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769
- Fmc - Aurora Dialysis Center6.96 miles away455 Mercy Lane Aurora Illinois 60506CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 892-7445
- Davita - Geneva Crossings7.65 miles away546 S Schmale Road Carol Stream Illinois 60188Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 260-4086
- Fmc - West Chicago Dialysis Center7.78 miles away1859 Neltnor Blvd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 293-5952