Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation is a small nursing home in Bradenton, Florida. This proved to be an A+ facility. Receiving an A+ in our grading scheme requires top-notch marks across the board. In spite of Bradenton featuring 11 other nursing homes available, this nursing home managed to stand out as a superb option. Keep reading to see this facility's category scores, which also impressed us. You really can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
5525 21st Ave W,
Bradenton FL 34209
70.67% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Best Nursing Home in Bradenton, Florida Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Bradenton, Florida Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Bradenton, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite nursing home overall, this nursing home excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes performed as well in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we assessed this facility so highly is that it was given an A+ short-term care score. This is flat out as strong as it gets in this category. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to gauge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Nursing grades are largely tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The fourth area we analyzed was long-term care. We gave it another first-rate grade of A+ in this category. This completed a perfect profile of straight A+'s. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 2.33% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting signs of depression. Many argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 94.94% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Some experts argue that mobility is important for patients physical and mental well-being.
In Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Bradenton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bradenton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- Blake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.23 miles away2020 59th St W Bradenton Florida 34209Proprietary(941) 792-6611
- Manatee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away206 2nd St E Bradenton Florida 34208Proprietary(941) 746-5111
- Sarasota Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.24 miles away1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota Florida 34239Government - Hospital District or Authority(941) 917-9000
- Lakewood Ranch Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton Florida 34202Proprietary(941) 782-2100
- Doctors Hospital of SarasotaAcute Care Hospitals 15.74 miles away5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota Florida 34233Proprietary(941) 342-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 19.36 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 19.43 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.88 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Bradenton Dialysis Center LLC0.11 miles away5837 West 21st Avenue Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 792-7800
- Bradenton Artificial Kidney Center0.28 miles away5902 Pointe West Blvd Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 21 (941) 792-3290
- Bradenton Dialysis1.78 miles away3501 Cortez Rd W Bradenton Florida 34210Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 727-4209
- Southwest Florida Dialysis Center3.77 miles away520 Manatee Ave East Bradenton Florida 34208Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 747-5500
- Plantation Dialysis - Ellenton6.23 miles away3820 Us Highway 301 N Ellenton Florida 34222Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 722-3733
- Lakewood Ranch Dialysis11.08 miles away8470 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 12 (941) 359-0676
- Fmc - North Sarasota Dialysis Center11.53 miles away8037 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 14 (941) 351-1641
- Us Renal Care Sarasota12.11 miles away1921 Waldemere St Ste 107 Sarasota Florida 34239CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (941) 917-6444