St Patrick's Residence is a very-large non-profit nursing home in Naperville, Illinois. Sporting an overall score of B+, this facility should work for most prospective residents. If you take a look at the other options in Naperville, we are confident you will find this facility to be a better option than most facilities in the city. This place is better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
St Patrick's Residence
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this facility excelled in our short-term care category, where it earned an A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Short-term care ratings are vital for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that category, we gave this facility an A-. Nursing ratings are largely based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about St Patrick's Residence?
Moving on to another of this nursing home's strengths, it also received a very impressive inspection score. In that category, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of A-. Inspection ratings are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a decent grade of B-. This actually is this nursing home's least impressive category. Our long-term care grade is typically used to judge a facility's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services offered by a skilled nursing facility. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 97.42489 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is more than the average nursing home. This facility also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Patrick's Residence Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Patrick's Residence, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Patrick's Residence, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often caused by poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Patrick's Residence, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care patients who sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Patrick's Residence, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients who are given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Patrick's Residence, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Patrick's Residence, 29.8% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who are showing signs of depression. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Patrick's Residence, 87.49% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Patrick's Residence, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Patrick's Residence, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In St Patrick's Residence, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Patrick's Residence, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Patrick's Residence, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Patrick's Residence, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Naperville, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Naperville, Illinois has 6 other nursing homes
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.45 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.93 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.61 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.76 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center1.62 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fkc - East Aurora5 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fmc - Naperbrook5.15 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769
- Fmc - Dupage West5.47 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd5.54 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Fmc - Aurora Dialysis Center7.15 miles away455 Mercy Lane Aurora Illinois 60506CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 892-7445
- Davita - Woodridge at Home7.83 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fkc - Woodridge7.85 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918