With an address in Savannah, Georgia, St Joseph's Transitional Care Unit is one of eight available facilities there. This nursing home turns out to be an A+ facility, which is the most impressive grade that we offer. Based on our ratings, this nursing home is simply as good as it gets. Headlining this facility's stellar report card is its inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
St Joseph's Transitional Care Unit
Updated Sep 1, 2020 by Nick Lata
11705 Mercy Boulevard,
Savannah GA 31419
83.63% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for St Joseph's Transitional Care Unit has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. There are numerous factors included in this grade. Many of the criteria relate to nurse staffing. This facility provided 7.2 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is among the better figures in the country. A significant portion of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which are one of the more skilled levels of nurses. We are really impressed by both of these figures. On top of providing impressive levels of nursing care, this facility also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. By way of illustration, it performed as well as any nursing home in Georgia when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these datapoints as reliable indicators of the caliber of nursing care being provided.
Does this page answer your questions about St Joseph's Transitional Care Unit?
Long-term Care Quality
Building on its first-rate assessment, this facility also received a superb long-term care grade, with a score of A. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last area, this nursing home also was awarded a first-rate short-term care rating, with an A. This finished off a rare straight A report card. Our short-term care scores are believed to be most important for residents requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. This nursing home is markedly above average in terms of its quantity of both physical therapy and registered nurse hours available to its patients. In fact, it provided roughly one and a half times as much care per resident from both of these groups of skilled professionals than the average nursing home provided. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Joseph's Transitional Care Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Joseph's Transitional Care Unit, 11.64 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Joseph's Transitional Care Unit, 69.86% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Savannah, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Savannah, Georgia has 7 other nursing homes
- St Joseph's Hospital - SavannahAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away11705 Mercy Boulevard Savannah Georgia 31419Voluntary non-profit - Private(912) 819-4100
- Candler HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.24 miles away5353 Reynolds Street Savannah Georgia 31412Voluntary non-profit - Other(912) 819-6000
- Georgia Regional Hosp SavannahPsychiatric 4.35 miles away1915 Eisenhower Drive Savannah Georgia 31416Government - State(912) 356-2045
- Memorial Health University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away4700 Waters Avenue Savannah Georgia 31404Voluntary non-profit - Other(912) 350-3691
- Abercorn Dialysis0.08 miles away11706 Mercy Blvd Bldg 9 Savannah Georgia 31419CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (912) 961-6006
- Derenne Dialysis3.92 miles away5303 Montgomery St Savannah Georgia 31405CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (912) 352-1354
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc.4.98 miles away5694a Ogeechee Road Savannah Georgia 31405Dialysis Stations: 19 (912) 232-5554
- Savannah Gateway6.14 miles away5973 Ogeechee Road Savannah Georgia 31419Dialysis Stations: 13 (912) 925-1920
- Williams Street Dialysis6.19 miles away2812 Williams St Savannah Georgia 31404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (912) 354-5005
- Coastal Dialysis Center6.22 miles away1460 East Victory Drive Savannah Georgia 31404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (912) 232-2691
- Dsi Savannah Drayton Dialysis6.52 miles away1020 Drayton Street Savannah Georgia 31401CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (912) 233-6067
- Bayshore Dialysis LLC7.46 miles away540 E Oglethorpe Ave Savannah Georgia 31401Dialysis Stations: 16 (912) 236-3053