St Joseph's Transitional Care Unit is a very-small facility in Savannah, Georgia. This is an A+ facility. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system takes excellent marks across the board. Based on our ratings, this facility is just about as as good as it gets. We also gave this facility impressive ratings in all four of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
St Joseph's Transitional Care Unit
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2020 by Nick Lata
11705 Mercy Boulevard,
Savannah GA 31419
83.63% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for St Joseph's Transitional Care Unit has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Savannah, Georgia Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2020
In addition to faring well overall, this facility earned nearly flawless government inspections. Therefore, it received one of our best grades in that area with an A+. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility an A+. Nursing grades are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about St Joseph's Transitional Care Unit?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was dominant in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services In order to have quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of A. This rounded out a very favorable profile. Only a select few nursing homes earned an A- or better in every category. For prospective residents looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. It does not appear that this nursing home provided information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Joseph's Transitional Care Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Joseph's Transitional Care Unit, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Joseph's Transitional Care Unit, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Savannah, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Savannah, Georgia has 8 other nursing homes
- St Joseph's Hospital - SavannahAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away11705 Mercy Boulevard Savannah Georgia 31419Voluntary non-profit - Private(912) 819-4100
- Candler HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.24 miles away5353 Reynolds Street Savannah Georgia 31412Voluntary non-profit - Other(912) 819-6000
- Georgia Regional Hosp SavannahPsychiatric 4.35 miles away1915 Eisenhower Drive Savannah Georgia 31416Government - State(912) 356-2045
- Memorial Health University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away4700 Waters Avenue Savannah Georgia 31404Voluntary non-profit - Other(912) 350-3691
- Abercorn Dialysis0.08 miles away11706 Mercy Blvd Bldg 9 Savannah Georgia 31419CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (912) 961-6006
- Derenne Dialysis3.92 miles away5303 Montgomery St Savannah Georgia 31405CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (912) 352-1354
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc.4.98 miles away5694a Ogeechee Road Savannah Georgia 31405Dialysis Stations: 19 (912) 232-5554
- Savannah Gateway6.14 miles away5973 Ogeechee Road Savannah Georgia 31419Dialysis Stations: 13 (912) 925-1920
- Williams Street Dialysis6.19 miles away2812 Williams St Savannah Georgia 31404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (912) 354-5005
- Coastal Dialysis Center6.22 miles away1460 East Victory Drive Savannah Georgia 31404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (912) 232-2691
- Dsi Savannah Drayton Dialysis6.52 miles away1020 Drayton Street Savannah Georgia 31401CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (912) 233-6067
- Bayshore Dialysis LLC7.46 miles away540 E Oglethorpe Ave Savannah Georgia 31401Dialysis Stations: 16 (912) 236-3053