St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs) is a senior living facility located in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, which has a population of 17,809 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the best nursing homes we found. A score in this range requires excellent scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top ten percent of all nursing homes in the United States. This also wound up being a very consistent facility with consistently strong ratings in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs)
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
1616 Huntingdon Pike,
Jenkintown PA 19046
57.7% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are quite insignificant. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Among its many dominant scores, this facility was given a top-shelf short-term care grade. In fact, it received a grade of A in this category. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to gauge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs)?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third area, we gave this facility a score of A- for its long-term care grade. This is a very strong rating. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are well cared for. After we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 96.95586 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Switching gears to our next area, this facility also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category. This completed truly elite profile. When determining our nursing ratings, we weigh both staffing levels and the skill levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs), 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs), 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs), 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs), 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs), 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs), 3.3% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients showing signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs), 86.27% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs), 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs), 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs), 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs), 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs), 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Joseph's Manor (Dba Entity of Hrhs), 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.08 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.06 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.85 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.17 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 7.43 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis1.53 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788
- Davita - Abington Dialysis3.01 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis3.01 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Bio Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.3.15 miles away700 Cottman Avenue, Building A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 745-3183
- Davita - Grant One Dialysis Center3.46 miles away9475 Roosevelt Boulevard, Suite 9 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 673-0490
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center, LLC3.49 miles away9815 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 1a Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 330-0494
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis3.63 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greater Northeast3.73 miles away10500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116Dialysis Stations: 15 (215) 673-3923