St Joseph Manor Health Care is an average-sized non-profit facility located in Brockton, Massachusetts. This facility is ranked among the highest-rated facilities we assessed. A score of this caliber requires first-rate marks across the board. In fact, this nursing home has the prestigious distinction of being one of the top 100 facilities in Massachusetts. This is an impressive accomplishment in a state with a long list of high-end nursing homes. Keep reading to find this nursing home's category grades, which also impressed us. You just can't do much better than a straight A report card.
St Joseph Manor Health Care
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with an A. In determining our nursing scores, we factor in both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was elite in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Not many nursing homes received a better grade in this area. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about St Joseph Manor Health Care?
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to point out the fact that this nursing home was awarded a strong grade of A- in our long-term care area. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 98.56115 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a life or death condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Another impressive feature for this place is its inspection grade. In that category, we gave this facility an A-, completing its straight A performance. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Joseph Manor Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Joseph Manor Health Care, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Joseph Manor Health Care, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Joseph Manor Health Care, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Joseph Manor Health Care, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Joseph Manor Health Care, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term patients that are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Joseph Manor Health Care, 1.95% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Joseph Manor Health Care, 91.63% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Joseph Manor Health Care, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Joseph Manor Health Care, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In St Joseph Manor Health Care, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Joseph Manor Health Care, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Joseph Manor Health Care, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Joseph Manor Health Care, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Brockton, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Brockton, Massachusetts has 4 other nursing homes
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.85 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.84 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.95 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 13 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.06 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.63 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 14.74 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC3.31 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center3.35 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC6.4 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis8.68 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis9.44 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Quality Care Dialysis Center10.02 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility12.38 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700
- Taunton Regional Dialysis Center12.42 miles awayMill River Place 1 Washington St, Suite 9 Taunton Massachusetts 02780CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (508) 828-5986