St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Shakopee, Minnesota, which has 40,416 people. This is an A+ rated facility, which is the best score we offer. You simply can not do any better than this facility. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's remarkable report card is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next section.
St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Shakopee, Minnesota Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Shakopee, Minnesota Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Shakopee, Minnesota Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home received high marks in our short-term care category as well. As a result, it received our highest score in that category with an A+. In determining our short-term care scores, we look at a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is frequently a useful assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a score of A+ for its long-term care grade. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 95.59748 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Turning to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that category, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category. Our inspection grades are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In our last category, we awarded this facility an A for our nursing score. This topped off a first-rate report card. We weighed the qualifications of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses were with patients, in calculating our rating in this area. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning a patient at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 4.58% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 93.31% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Gertrudes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- St Francis Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away1455 St Francis Avenue Shakopee Minnesota 55379Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 403-3000
- Fairview Ridges HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.15 miles away201 East Nicollet Boulevard Burnsville Minnesota 55337Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 892-2101
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.66 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Ridgeview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.06 miles away500 South Maple Street Waconia Minnesota 55387Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 442-2191
- Mayo Clinic Health System-New PragueCritical Access Hospitals 16.07 miles away301 2nd Street Northeast New Prague Minnesota 56071Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 758-4431
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.04 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 17.24 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Fms Dialysis - Shakopee0.12 miles away1515 Saint Francis Ave Ste 150 Shakopee Minnesota 55379CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 403-1038
- Eden Prairie Dialysis of Davita6.05 miles away14852 Scenic Heights Road Suite 255 Eden Prairie Minnesota 55344Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 934-2411
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.6.3 miles away3000 Hundertmark Rd Suite 6 Chaska Minnesota 55318Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 443-3191
- Scott County Dialysis of Davita6.53 miles away7456 South Park Dr Savage Minnesota 55378Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 226-4766
- Minnetonka Dialysis of Davita9.6 miles away17809 Hutchins Dr Minnetonka Minnesota 55345Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 470-9944
- Fmc - Southtown Dialysis10.78 miles away7901 Xerxes Ave S Ste 103 Minneapolis Minnesota 55431Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 881-6986
- Edina Dialysis of Davita10.88 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371
- Burnsville Dialysis of Davita11.34 miles away501 E Nicollet Blvd Suite 150 Burnsville Minnesota 55337Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 892-1117