St Clare Health and Rehab is a facility located in Memphis, Tennessee which has 697,385 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of B, resulting in it being ranked among the highest rated nursing homes in Memphis. Based on our assessment, you can do much worse than this place. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
St Clare Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received strong scores in the area of long-term care as well. In fact, it received one of our best scores in that area with a area of A-. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 98.1982 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about St Clare Health and Rehab?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. In computing our nursing scores, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last category, we gave this facility a grade of D in our short-term care category. This is the nursing home's least impressive category score. Sadly, this category pulled down the nursing home's overall grade a bit. Our short-term care grade is typically used to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to have highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. In this nursing home's case, it looks like it offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Clare Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Clare Health and Rehab, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Clare Health and Rehab, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients who had a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Clare Health and Rehab, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Clare Health and Rehab, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Clare Health and Rehab, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Clare Health and Rehab, 9.05% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Clare Health and Rehab, 89.05% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Clare Health and Rehab, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Clare Health and Rehab, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Clare Health and Rehab, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Clare Health and Rehab, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 20 other nursing homes
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 2.61 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 2.69 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.01 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.25 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.42 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 16.74 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Satellite Healthcare of Poplar Avenue LLC2.13 miles away1333 Poplar Ave Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 725-0482
- Isd Renal Inc2.34 miles away1331 Union Avenue, Ste. 101 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (901) 278-5400
- Fmc Memphis2.44 miles away1428 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (901) 272-8683
- Davita Memphis Downtown2.5 miles away2076 Union Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (901) 725-1169
- Isd Renal Inc2.6 miles away1166 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 722-2012
- Fmc Memphis Midtown2.62 miles away2225 Union Avenue Suite 200 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (901) 725-7586
- Memphis Central Dialysis3.11 miles away889 Dr. M. L. King Jr. Ave Memphis Tennessee 38126CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (901) 525-1719
- Satellite Healthcare Chickasaw Gardens, LLC3.24 miles away2980 Poplar Ave Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38111Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 531-8850