With more than 25 nursing homes to choose from located in Jacksonville, Florida, St Catherine Laboure Manor is one of many nursing homes. This nursing home was given an overall grade of C, which is a respectable score. Jacksonville received a city grade of B, so there are other options in the city worth looking at. The best part of this place's profile was is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
St Catherine Laboure Manor
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this facility an A in the short-term care category. Our short-term care ratings are important for patients needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A-. Nursing grades are tied to quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about St Catherine Laboure Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, it also received a very strong long-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded this nursing home a score of A-. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a life threatening health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Moving on the final category of inspections, this nursing home did not fare well. Sadly, it received an F in this category. This pulled this facility's overall grade down as we heavily weight this category. For facilities with poor inspection scores, you should scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This particular facility had 6 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a threat to resident health or safety. Lastly, we also need to point out that this facility was assessed significant government fines in recent years of over $100,000. This generally signifies that a facility's poor performance has been an issue for multiple years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Catherine Laboure Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Catherine Laboure Manor, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who have pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Catherine Laboure Manor, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Catherine Laboure Manor, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Catherine Laboure Manor, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Catherine Laboure Manor, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Catherine Laboure Manor, 2.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Catherine Laboure Manor, 94.61% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Catherine Laboure Manor, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Catherine Laboure Manor, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care residents who maintained mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' well-being.
In St Catherine Laboure Manor, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Catherine Laboure Manor, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Catherine Laboure Manor, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Catherine Laboure Manor, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 30 other nursing homes
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 0.12 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 1.53 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 3 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 6.84 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 7.17 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.47 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Mayo ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 15.18 miles away4500 San Pablo Rd Jacksonville Florida 32224Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 953-2000
- Baptist Medical Center - Pediatric Dialysis1.49 miles away800 Prudential Dr m2west Jacksonville Florida 32207Dialysis Stations: 5 (904) 202-0436
- Jacksonville Kidney Center1.53 miles away1107 Myra St Ste 101 Jacksonville Florida 32204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (904) 354-3333
- Ara - West Jacksonville LLC2 miles away425 N Lee Street Suite 103 Jacksonville Florida 32204Dialysis Stations: 29 (904) 598-2711
- Dialysis Clinic Inc2.24 miles away757 Union Street W Jacksonville Florida 32202CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (904) 354-0409
- Bma - Jacksonville2.43 miles away1944 Atlantic Blvd Jacksonville Florida 32207Dialysis Stations: 18 (904) 396-7203
- Dci Jacksonville Mid-Town3.08 miles away655 West 8th Street Jacksonville Florida 32209Dialysis Stations: 40 (904) 244-6690
- Gateway Dialysis Center4.62 miles away5258-10 Norwood Avenue Jacksonville Florida 32208CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 764-6381
- Nxstage Kidney Care - Jacksonville4.62 miles away2777 University Blvd W #39 Jacksonville Florida 32217Dialysis Stations: 10 (904) 527-5322