St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, which is one of the largest cities in the nation. Featuring an overall grade of A+, this nursing home is one of the highest-graded nursing homes we found. Even in a city featuring 24 other nursing homes, this facility really stands out. Headlining this nursing home's stellar profile is its short-term care rating, which you can find in the next section.
St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Wisconsin Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Wisconsin Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Wisconsin Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a great overall grade, this facility received an A+ for short-term care. In our short-term care rating, we try to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess the nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The next category we looked at was inspections, where this facility also received an A+ grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection grades are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's inspections. Nursing homes that score well in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing grade is largely associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last area, we gave this facility an A+ for our long-term care grade. This completed a very strong profile. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing, 6.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing, 3.27% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who sustained a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing, 13.83% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing, 15.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing, 6.26% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing, 92.96% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing, 13.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing, 13.08 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St. Camillus - South Residence Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing, 75.51% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Milwaukee, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 23 other nursing homes
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.57 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 0.58 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 0.7 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.98 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.66 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 8.19 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Davita - Bluemound0.12 miles away601 North 99th Street Suite 100 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 755-6300
- Fmc - Centre Point1.31 miles away11340 W Theodore Trecker Way Milwaukee Wisconsin 53214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (414) 774-1244
- Davita - Wisconsin Ave3.88 miles away3801 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (414) 937-8240
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Appleton Ave4.28 miles away7793 W Appleton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53222CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 464-0820
- Davita - Capitol Court Dialysis4.71 miles away4176 N 56th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53216Dialysis Stations: 16 (414) 445-2119
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Dialysis, LLC4.72 miles away4021 N 52nd St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53216CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 873-3600
- Total Renal Care Inc5.12 miles away18740 W Bluemound Rd Brookfield Wisconsin 53045Dialysis Stations: 8 (262) 782-9856
- Davita - South Ridge5.62 miles away7740 W Layton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (414) 281-1313